Chapter Forty-three

Picture of Serenity in bathing suit above^
I was in the mood for a double update, so enjoy!

"What do you want to do?" Shawn asks me. I shrugged. It was actually pretty hot today, about 80 degrees out. 

"Wanna go swimming?" He asks me. Wait, that's actually a great idea! "Sure! But I have to go shopping first," I say and he nods. "Yeah I'll come with you." Wow, someone of the male species who actually likes shopping. I remember I literally had to drag Kayden every time.

"Oh and I'm going to buy a phone on the way there," I tell him and he nods, leading me to the car. "Don't worry, I texted your mom that we are going," Shawn tells me and I lean into him. He is absolutely perfect.

"That's what you are getting?" Shawn asks as he looks at the phone in my hand. It was an android, not the greatest model, but it was an affordable price. I nod to him. "No, im not letting you get that. Here. I'm getting you this." He shows me the iphone X. The hell? No way am I letting him pay for this. 

"No way Shawn, are you out of your mind?" I say, grabbing the box and putting it back. "Please let me get it for you," he says, pouting. No way. That trick is not going to work for me. "No Shawn. You've already got me so much." He sighs, running his fingers through his hair.

 He takes the android from my hands and puts it back on the shelf. "Heyy Shawn give it backk" I whine. "I'm getting you this, whether you like it or not," he spoke with such finality it kind of scared me a little. 

Shawn takes out his American Express black card and paid for it. Wha-how? Everyone knows that is like the most elite credit card ever. You can't even apply for it, its invitation only. Even the cashier seemed startled.

"How did you get that credit card?" I gape at him and he shrugged as if it was no big deal. "Where do you get all of this money from?" I ask, honestly curious. He abruptly stares at me, "I'll tell you...someday." How mysterious. Is it bad that I'm scared?

You are probably wondering how I let Shawn pay for my phone. We came to a...mutual agreement, if you know what I mean.

I told to wait outside the shop but he didn't listen. Its literally so awkward looking for a bathing suit with him. I grab 4 and go to the changing room. Its kind of hard for me to find bathing suits that fit. The problem is, I have a slightly large chest but a relatively small behind. I usually go for one pieces.

I try on the first one, a simple black one with a knot. It's too tight. The other two were too big and didn't fit right. The last one was absolutely perfect. 

It was an off white one-piece with straps that exposed a little cleavage, with small patterned designs

It was an off white one-piece with straps that exposed a little cleavage, with small patterned designs. It was actually flattering. I take it off and step out with my clothes on and then pay for it.

"We are going to go to the pool in the hotel if that's okay?" Shawn asks me during the drive and I nod. We exited the elevator and I look out from the roof of the hotel. Why is no one out here? It's absolutely beautiful.

"Okay I'll meet you back here," I tell him as I go to the bathroom to change. I slip out of my clothes and underwear and put on the bathing suit. I take my hair out of my ponytail and place the rubber band on my wrist for safekeeping. 

I honestly don't know why I'm so fussy about my appearance right now. It's just Shawn..I guess, I want to look my best for him. I take a deep breath and step out of the bathroom. Shawn was always outside with only a pair of shorts on. 

He notices my presence and his eyes raked my body as I do his. His eyes turn a shade darker, his pupils dilating. "Y-you look amazing," he tells me and I smile, my cheeks suddenly feeling hot. "Thanks..you too," I say, noticing his many tattoos I hadn't seen clearly until now.

"Come on, lets go," he says as he jumps into the swimming pool, splashing me slightly. I jump into the water, splashing Shawn in the process. The water wasn't too cold, it was perfect. Shawn resurfaced from the water. His hair already wet and sticking to his face. My hair had done the same. 

I grin mischievously, splashing Shawn with water. "Heyy no fair," he whines splashing me back playfully. I laugh at our childishness. I reach over to the edge and grab Shawn's phone, swimming back to him. We all know the latest phones are waterproof.

"Smilee," I tell him as I click a picture of him. How can someone look so attractive all the time? "One of us?" Shawn asks and I nod, trying to fix my hair. "No leave it," Shawn tells me as he takes the picture of us.

 I cringe, ew I look so bad. "Ew Shawn, I look horrible." He shakes his head and smiles, "No you look cute, I'm keeping it." Ughh this man.

Shawn puts the phone back near the edge of the pool, swimming towards me. The water in this end wasn't that deep, only 5 feet, so our heads stuck out above the water level. I stepped backwards until my back hit the wall of the pool. 

"Uhh Shawn, what are you doing?" I ask him as he came closer, my voice wavering.

"This." He pushes hair away from my face, leans down, and kisses me passionately. I wrap my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. His hands trail down my lower back to the back of my upper thighs. His hands grip my legs and I yelp as he lifts me up effortlessly and onto the edge surrounding the pool.

Our bodies pressed together and I pulled away, gasping for air. I could still feel the tingling sensation on my lips from just seconds ago.

I remove my hands from around his neck, trailing them his chest. My eyes flicker to his hesitantly, wordlessly asking if it okay. He nodded, separating my legs and I stood in between them to give me a better view. 

My hands roam over his broad shoulders and I hear his breathing hitch at my touch. My fingers tread over the ink on his left arm. 

"It's beautiful," I whisper, tracing the butterfly wings and the flowers. 

"Its my newest one. I got it because it reminds me of you," He admits, holding my gaze. He got this for me? I smile at him, my eyes glistening with tears. I don't know why I'm getting so emotional right now. I- I lean forward and throw my arms around him, nestling my face into the crook of his neck. 

I close my eyes as he hugged me back, stray tears escaping from my eyes as I enjoy the moment. I pull away, wiping the tears from my face. I stare right into those chocolate brown eyes that had speckles of gold in them. 

I place my forehead on his, the bridge of our noses touching. I could hear his heart racing, and I knew mine was doing the same. My hands cup his cheeks, caressing the soft skin.

"I love you."