Chapter Twenty-eight

(I feel really bad that I re-uploaded Chapter 25 as Chapter 26 so im giving you an extra chapter!! I dont normally rush and upload on school days but I feel guilty)

Two more days till the weekend. Ugh, I can't wait just collapse onto my bed and sleep. Yesterday the nightmares were horrible and I had to take sleeping pills. I've been prescribed them but I hate it because of the side effects. I feel really dizzy sometimes and my vision gets a little hazy because of them.

"How are you feeling honey?" my mom asks me when I go downstairs to fetch my backpack. "A little dizzy, but it's not too bad," I answer honestly- I hate lying to my mom. She's gone through so much and sometimes I really feel like a burden on her. "Alright, just be careful and call me if you need anything," she says and I nod, walking out. 

I feel a buzz and check who is texting me. I smile involuntarily when I see a text from Shawn. I immediately reply to him.

Shawn: Hey 
wanna meet up?

Serenity: Sure
Where at?

Shawn: My apartment?

Serenity: In an hour?
I've got some homework to do first

Shawn: lol sounds good
Cya later

I finished reading the assigned pages and changed into a shirt and pants before walking over to Shawn's house. The last time we hung out, it was very emotional but I had a great time. I wonder what’s going to happen now. Only one way to find out. 

I rang the doorbell and Shawn opened the door seconds later. When our eyes met, we smiled. “Hey, come in,” he greeting, leading me upstairs to his room again. He was dressed casually but he had this natural glow radiating from his face. 

I sat down on the bed, playing with my fingers idley. “One second,” he says, leaving me alone in his room.

He comes back with a fat leather book in his hand, filled with sheet protectors or something? He sits down next to me, his right thigh touching my left, sending chills through the fabric. I focus on the book.

The leather appeared slightly worn down but was still in pretty new condition. The words, "family album," were stamped onto the fabric. Awww is this filled with baby pictures! I can't help but smile thinking about what a baby Shawn would look like running around.

"Promise you won't make fun of me?" Shawn asks laughing. I grinned slyly, "I can't make any promises!" He chuckles at me, the soft, sweet sound ringing in my ears. 

He places the album in between us and flips through the pages. Seeing his family made me smile so much. I know where he got the genes from, his parents are so good looking! And awww his little sister is so precious.

I look at the one of his birthday party, he was just turning 7. "When's your birthday?" I ask him. I'm definitely going to get something for him. He looked a little taken aback by the question, yet he answered anyway. "August 8th. And yours?" He smiled cheekily. What a sly way to get my birthday.

"Oh it was yesterday," I say, shrugging it off like it wasn't a big deal. I don't really like my birthday, but only my mom knows that. "WHAT? Why didn't you tell me?!!" Shawn freaks out. I guess he wanted to get me a gift or something. "It's not really important," I say nonchalantly.

I look at the time. Oh god, I have to be home soon. My mom's coming. "Shawn, I kinda have to go… Do you think maybe we could catch up later?" 

"Oh um yeah sure, I need to do something anyway," he said hesitantly. We both stand up and he walked me out the door. I don't know what I should do.. Do I hug him, kiss him?? I just settle for a small wave and a smile which he returns as I walk back home.