Chapter Fifteen

(Picture of Kayden above)

He's been distant, and I've been busy with reading that stupid book for photography. It was so boring, I don't think I'll be able to stand it much longer. That new transfer student is coming today, and I'm seriously getting tired of al this gossip about him. Like come on, this isn't high school, leave the dude alone!

I walk to the campus, clutching my photography book as I walk through the halls. I met up with Scarlett, and she gushed, "Oh my god have you seen the new student? He is honestly so gorgeous!" and I rolled my eyes at her. "No I haven't, and I don't think I want to," I tell her as I turn around, passing through the hallway.

It was as if time froze at that moment. There he was.. I can't believe he is actually here, all this time i've dreamed of him being here and now- His eyes met mine and they widened slightly, before I whispered, "Kay?"

I ran into his arms as I failed to contain a sob. His arms grasped around me, and it felt good to finally see him again. "I thought I was never gonna see you again, Ren," he said softly as he rested his head on mine. I loved that nickname, I still do.

~Instant Flashback~

"Hey Ren," he says, smiling widely as I turned my head around, surprised. "What did you just call me?" I inquire, thinking I misheard him.

"Hey, you call me Kay, it's only fair that I have a nickname for you! Ren...it suits you. You remind me of the little bird," he says and I dip my head back, laughing at him. He was adorable in every way.

"Well I love it," I say and he smiles cheekily at me. I couldn't help but smile back at him, his green eyes twinkling with mischief. Before I knew it, He had tackled me onto the floor, his body on top of mine. He chuckled at me, and I flicked his nose in an attempt to get him off of me.

"What was that for, you weirdo?" I joked and he laughed, getting off of me. "Nothing, I just enjoy bothering you," he says and he jumped off of me and I chased after him.

~End of Flashback~

"Why did you leave?" I ask him, the words coming out harsher than I expected them to. "My father shipped me off to London to finish schooling there. He got a new job. I came here to get away, I don't like it there," he admitted, ashamed.

"It's not your fault..it's just been so hard without you here, I missed you," I tell Kay and he smiles knowingly, his emerald eyes shining at me. "I know Ren and i'm sorry, but I'm here now," he says, pulling me closer to him, my body pressed against his chest. I haven't seen him in years..

He slowly lets go of me and helps me pick up my backpack and book, which somehow ended up on the floor. Scar stood there taking pictures of us both, and I shoved her playfully. She merely replied, "You two are the cutest things on planet Earth!" squealing a little. I laughed and Kay quirked his eyebrow, "Is she always like this?" and I nodded, chuckling.

Kay, I, and occasionally Scar chatted for hours, I haven't seen him in 3 years. He had definitely become more lean and muscular, and I could tell he was a bit paler in skin color.

Even with Kay here, I still can't get my mind off of Shawn. In the midst of conversation, I would daze off, thinking about everything that had happened yesterday. I was a broken stereo.

"Hey Ren are you okay?" Kay asks, snapping me out of my daze. I look around me, remembering that me and Kay were hanging out at the park so we could talk. We had both just finished college.

He rested an arm around my shoulder casually, and I squirmed a little. I swallowed and nodded putting on a fake smile, "Yeah, just thinking." Kay shook his head, "Do not lie to me Ren. What's going on?" he asks sternly, leaving no room for negotiation.

I sighed heavily, scooting closer to him, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder more tightly, trying to comfort me. Even though Kay has been away for so long, I feel so comfortable around him, he was and still is my best friend, I trust him.

"There's this guy..I.." I say, my voice wavering. I felt like I was going to cry, and I didn't even know why. "Hey, it's alright. I'm here. No one can hurt you." he says and I rest my head on his shoulder, intertwining his fingers in mine. Shawn didn't hurt me, but it felt good to be here right next to Kay. It felt good to have him back, he is what I wanted the most..right?

Kay squeezed my hand reassuringly and I smiled at him. I missed him so much, and now he's finally here.

He smoothly removed his hand that was around my shoulder and encircled it around my waist. I squirmed a little but slowly relaxed in his hold.

I turned my gaze from him to the park in front of me. I squinted my eyes, there was a man on the phone, tall, curly brown hair-is that Shawn? I squirmed a little, trying to get out of Kay's hold but I couldn't. I wanted to go talk to him.

He looked up from his phone and our eyes met-momentarily. He held his breath and his jaw clenched, and he looked away. He looked mad..was he mad at me?

I eventually stopped looking at him and turned back to Kay, resting my head on his shoulder once again. He smiled at me and I grinned back at him.

I looked at my tattoo. Half of me that was lost is back, but why do I feel like a part of me is still missing. Kay is all that I wanted. Right?