Chapter Thirty-two

Happy winter break everybody! Enjoy <3

It's hot. Too hot. I can barely breathe. What in the world- I open my eyes to find an extremely heavy Kayden on top of me. His breathing leveled as he rests his head in the crook of my neck. I stay motionless, not wanting to wake him up from his peaceful state. It must have been so hard for him yesterday. I gently play with his hair, twirling it around my finger. 

Kay slightly stirs awake and he lifts his head from my shoulder to look at me. We make eye contact, and he smiles, rubbing his eyes. "Good morning," he says, his voice hoarse from sleep. He smiles sheepishly at the position we are in, "Sorry." I smile back."It's fine, I didn't want to wake you, you looked so peaceful," I admit as he gets off of me.

How did I get here? Oh wait, I think I remember vaguely..

~Instant flashback~

My eyelids feel heavy as I squint to see the television screen. I lean on Kayden's shoulder and yawn, closing my eyes.  A few minutes later I feel myself shift positions as I'm lifted in the air. I could sense myself growing more tired by the second. 

I feel a soft mattress under me and a blanket is draped over my lower torso.a pair or cold lips kiss my forehead and I whimper quietly at his cold touch. "Goodnight Ren," Kayden says softly as I hear a light switch. I'm too tired to open my eyes. I snuggle closer and fall asleep.

~End of flashback~

Aww that's so sweet of Kayden. He's such a great friend. "I don't wanna get uppp," I whine like a lazy person and Kayden chuckles. "You don't have to. Stay in bed for a bit longer, it's Saturday anyway," he gives a convincing argument. 

I think about it. "Are you sure it's okay?" I ask warily and and he smiles, "Of course! You can come here uninvited any time," he confirms. Aww so sweet. "Same for my apartment," I smile and yawn. "Get some rest sleepyhead, I'm just going to take a shower.

I wake up again and check the time. An hour has passed, now it's 9:05 am. I reluctantly get up and make the bed. I brush my teeth (yes using Kayden's toothbrush he's cool with it- I asked him) and used the bathroom. I would take a shower but I didn't bring any clothes.

When I walk into the kitchen Kayden is making pancakes. "Aww thank you!! You really didn't have to," I say with a wide grateful smile. He grins back at me, "I wanted to, besides they are your childhood favorite!!" 

I can't believe he remembers!! I walk over and hug him while he's next to the kitchen island. I don't forget to press my lips against his cheek momentarily as I whispered,"thank you." 

Immediately after I pulled away his cheeks turned bright red out of embarrassment, and he looked away. So cute!!

We ate our pancakes in comfortable silence. "Hey do you have any plans today?" I ask him as I clean the dishes in the sink. "Nope, do you?" he asks me and I deny it. "So...wanna hang out?" He asks as I put the dishes back on the shelves. "I would love to!" I smile at him and he grins back at me. 

"Oh, I need to go home and take a shower to change though," I say, remembering. He waves it off, "It's fine, just use my bathroom. You can pick whatever you want from my closet," he says. "Really?! Thank you!" I say to him as I skip over to his bedroom.

My my! So many choices! Kayden did say anything..right? I grab a gray hoodie from the hanger (that is probably going to be oversized on me) and try to find some pants. All his joggers are humongous on me so I'm only left with one option.. My cheeks heat up as I open the underwear drawer. Oh God. I can't believe I'm about to do this. I pick a pair of plain black boxers from the top of the drawer. How embarrassing…

I take a shower and put on Kayden's clothes. Oh God. I look hilarious. The gray hoodie is so long it goes to the middle of my thighs, and the boxers were so big I had to fold them up and you can barely see them. On the bright side, it smells like Kayden, a warm soothing cinnamon scent with maybe a little bit of apple?

I walk over to Kayden, "Do I look alright?" I laugh uncomfortably. His eyes rake up and down my body,  his cheeks were slightly red and lips parted. "Uh..y-yeah," he says and I bite my lip as I scan the living room. No way.

"WAIT OMG YOU HAVE A NINTENDO SWITCH? I WANNA PLAYYYY," I yell excited, grinning like a little kid. He laughs, "Yeah sure! Bet I can beat ya in Mario Kart!!" He smirks and I shake my head, "No way!!!"

I was on the floor laughing so hard I could barely breathe. I look to my right and Kayden was dying out of laughter too. The laughter slowly died down and we just stared at each other. We were so close on the ground we could hear each other's breathing. 

His chest heaved up and down , in sync with my breathing.  Before I could stop myself, I leaned forward and pressed my lips on his softly. It was exactly how I remembered it to be all these years. He pulled me closer to him, responding quickly. His lips were so soft and tender, the kiss sweet and mixed with pleasure. I found myself craving more of his touch.

I pulled away, my breathing heavy as we stared at each other once more. I bring my forehead on his and we just lay there in soothing silence. I placed my hand on his chest, and he interweaved his hand with mine.