Chapter Thirty-six

"What time is it?" I ask him lazily. It feels like we've been sitting in this position forever. "It's 5:50." He says. "I'm going to go change," I say, and he releases a lock of my hair from his grasp. I get up rummage through my suitcase. Ah, here it is.

I picked out a rose design t-shirt to wear over some full sleeve lace decal with some black ripped jeans. I used to curling iron in the luxurious bathroom to curl my hair. I even took the time to put on some mascara and sheer lip gloss. 

When I stare into the mirror, I almost see a different person. This girl staring back at me looks confident and bad-ass, which was so different than how I was a few months ago. I like this girl.

When I step back into the bedroom Shawn has already changed. He was wearing a dark green button down short sleeved shirt with white pattern on it. He paired ir with his normal black jeans. His face had this natural glow to it that I loved.

He looked up from his phone and met my gaze. His eyes swept down my body until it landed back on my face. "Wow, you look so different. I love it though!" He says and I smile. "Thanks, you look really good too." I say and he smiles, his cheeks turning red slightly.

"Lets go?" He asks in the form of a question, and I nod. I slip on my black ankle boots while Shawn puts on some fancy black boots as well.

Another man with a black suit opened the door for us and we stepped inside the black car. A man was seated in the front of the car too. I'm slightly frightened. Who are these people in black suits and why are they here? I feel like I'm going to be kidnapped or something.

I slide over to the seat next to Shawn and buckled my seatbelt. I lean towards him and whisper, "Shawn this is freaking me out, what's going on?" We make eye contact and he bites his lip, "It's fine, it's just security I think. Some of these concerts get crazy sometimes." His words and soothing voice had a calming effect on me, and I relaxed. 

We finally reached the entrance to the stadium. The driver hands Shawn two pairs of glasses. Shawn slips one of them on, and gives one to me. I send him a perplexed look-its freezing and cloudy, sunglasses??

"Its for security, just put it on," he says and I shrug. I didn't want to make a big scene but I'll definitely ask him later what's going on. 

Someone opens the door and Shawn slides out, reaching out a hand to help me. I get out and he doesn't let go of my hand as we walk inside. There were people lined up with cameras taking pictures of us??? Now I'm even more confused as to what's going on. 

When inside, he takes off his glasses and removes mine as well. Shawn takes me into the VIP line and he leads me...backstage?? No way…

It's Drake. I let out a gasp as I take in all of his features. It is him, im face to face with him. He turns to look at us and smiles-ACTUALLY SMILES AT US, AT ME!!

He walks toward us and greets Shawn- what the hell? They do the bro handshake as if they've known each other since they were 6. My jaw dropped. "How you doing man?" Shawn asks and Drake smiles, "Good, so nice to see you here!" Um. IM. SO. CONFUSED. WHAT. IS. GOING. ON. Is this real???

Shawn whispers something to Drake in a low voice so I couldn't hear. Drake nods and smiles looking over to me. He turns to look at me. "H-h-hi," I stutter, and I mentally slap myself for being dumb. 

"I've heard a lot about you. Do you want a picture?" He asks and I nod,handing him my phone. We smile and he takes the picture.  "Okay, well I'll see you guys out there, the show's going to start," he says and walks away.

I just stare with my mouth open. Shawn waves his hand in front of my face, "Helloooo? Earth to Serenity!!" and I finally snap out of it. "Wow that was- wow" I say to no one in particular.

"Thank you for this Shawn. I have no idea how you managed to do this but this is incredible! You don't know how much this means to me," I say, wrapping my arms around his torso and resting my head underneath his chin. His cologne smells so good and I breathed it in. I've gotten so used to how good he smells, but I still can't seem to get enough of it.

 He returns my hug by wrapping his arms around my shoulders. 

I really am falling for him. Every single small gesture doesn't go unnoticed by me. He really does care about me. I wish he knew how much I cared. I wish he cared enough to let me be with him. 

I let go, but not before going on my toes to give him a kiss on the cheek, "Thank you." He smiles at me, his cheeks reddening. I love to see him get affected by me. 

"How do you know him? You seemed all buddy-buddy," I ask. He smirked, "Why, you jealous?" And I punched him in the arm lightly, "Oh shut up!" He laughs, the sound ringing in my ears and I smile. It feels like forever since I've heard him laugh. Or maybe since I paid attention to how beautiful it sounded.

"We are friends from a while back, we are both from Toronto," Shawn shrugs as if it's no big deal. "That's so cool!!" 

Uh... We should probably get going if we want to get to the concert in time."To the concert?" I ask. He nods, "To the concert."