Chapter Nine

"I-I- my father.." I say, letting out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. "Your father did this to you?" he asked, surprise evident in his tone. I nodded.

~Instant flashback~

"Where do you think you're going..princess?" he asked me threateningly. I used to love that nickname, when I was little I used to run into his arms when he called me that, now I can't stand it.

I backed away from him slowly, scared at what he might do. My mom was at work again. "Get away from me?!" I screamed at him, ignoring the evil glint in his blue eyes. Such gorgeous eyes are wasted on such a despicable human being.

"Now now..is that a way to talk to your father?" he spoke menacingly, inching closer to me. I backaway, but I could feel my legs turning jello. My back came in contact with the cold wall and he smiled at me.

I stared into those cold blue eyes as I spoke the words that he hated. "You were never a father to me," I say, meaning every single word. He hated when I talked back to him and didn't let him finish what he started. But I had to fight back, he couldn't get away with this forever.

He pinned me up against the wall, his hands holding my neck roughly. I feel utterly disgusted. "You b*tch! You are going to pay for what you said to me," he says as he presses his lips against my ear causing disgust and shivers through me. I lifted my right knee as high as I could and kneed him where the sun don't shine. He yelped in surprise and clutched his jewels, letting go of me.

I took this as my opportunity to escape and ran to the kitchen. Unfortunately he caught up with me quickly and I looked around, not knowing what to do. He opened one of the drawers and pulled out a gleaming object-A knife. Are you kidding me right now-

"You need to hold your tongue..princess, or i'll have to hold it down for you," he says walking over to me. My whole body froze as I stared at the knife. What was he going to do with it? He wouldn't kill me right?

I gulped as my eyes never left the knife. "Please, put the knife down, I'll do whatever you want, please don't hurt me," I say, trembling in fear. He raised his eyebrow, "Well you should have thought about that before you decided to talk back to me."

He pinned me up on the kitchen wall- I seriously hate walls now- and held the knife in his right down. He brought it up next to my neck, the knife gleaming at me, almost mocking me. My breath was ragged, my chest rising up and down rapidly.

"You will do what I say, or I won't hesitate to end your life," he commands me, and I shake. I was too afraid to nod, so I said, "Yes father." He smiled with satisfaction before removing the knife from my neck, and I let out a sigh of relief.

"But you need to learn your lesson," he says, and he quickly dragged the knife across my right leg, right above my knee. Excruciating pain shot from my leg, and I witnessed blood ooze out of it. The sight of blood made me feel sick.

Feeling satisfied with my pain, he retreated, leaving me bleeding on the kitchen floor. I limped over and grabbed my phone calling Kay. He was only a 5 minute walk from here.

"Kay..I-I need you-my..my father," I say panting, while staring at my stab wound. What do I do? I don't know how to take care of it, I-I feel dizzy.. The last thing I heard was Kay's reassuring voice over the phone before everything went black.

"Hey are you okay?" Kay's worried voice shone through, and I opened my eyes. What happened? I looked down at my leg to see that it had been wrapped up. He smiled sheepishly, "I wrapped the cut up for you. Do you need anything?" He asked kindly.

I shook my head no but smiled gratefully at him. "What on earth happened Serenity? When I came, you were unconscious.." he asked seriously.

I sat up straight from the bed (I don't know how I even got here? ) and faced him. "My dad..he.." I say, not knowing how to form a sentence with this information. Kay sighed, running his fingers through his dark brown-almost black hair. "You need to file a report Serenity, or I will file one with you. He needs to go to jail for what he's done."

~End of flashback~

"He-he stabbed you?!" Shawn said after telling him what had happened. He curled his fists in anger, but I rolled down my tights and rested my hand on his reassuringly. He tensed at the contact but slowly relaxed, accepting the small gesture. "That son of a-" Shawn growled.

"It's okay Shawn..he's in jail, locked up now, he is sentenced to 6 years in prison." I tell him, and he visibly relaxes. "I'm sorry you had to go through all that.. I can't imagine how hard it was for you..but you're so strong.." he says looking at me, and I couldn't help but blush at his kind words.

"Thank you Shawn, you have no idea how much those words mean to me," I tell him graciously, holding his intense gaze. He abruptly looks away from me.