Chapter Fifty-six

Hey guys, how are you!! Please stay safe right now, sith the Coronavirus spreading worldwide 🥺

Here's the next chapter to ease your worries 🥰

Also that's just an edit I made :)) check out my Instagram, @mendessdivine

***

Shawn P.O.V.

She's right. Goddamn she's always right. 

Do I like Camila now? When she asked me, I truthfully didn't know. I just felt the need to apologize…

I don't fucking know anything. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, trying to relax myself.

I love Serenity. With all of my heart. There's this small feeling tugging at the bottom of my gut.

I know what I have to do. I have to confront Camila. I need closure. I need to know if I really feel anything for her anymore. I hope I don't.

I really don't want to, but I know it's the only way to convince Serenity that I didn't know what the hell I was thinking.  I really didn't mean it. I don't think I like Camila.

I love Serenity. I love her with every inch of my body. I love her imperfections and she is perfect in my eyes. I can't lose her. Not after everything.

Sometimes I really am a dumbass.

****

My knuckles hit against the front door of her apartment. Despite my sunglasses, the media didn't fail to notice that it was me, as they bombarded me with questions.

"Shawn? Is it true that you are dating Camila?" I ignore the question. "Are you dating anyone at the moment? Who was that girl you brought to the Drake concert?" No comment.

"Shawn? When is your new album coming out?" I whip my head around to the interviewer. Now this is a question I can answer. What's taking Camila so long?

"Soon," I decide to answer simply. Finally, Camila opens the door for me and I walk in briskly, not wanting to be bombarded with more questions.

"Hey Shawn, we haven't talked in a while.." she says, her voice already seductive. I roll my eyes, sitting on the couch as she sits beside me, not leaving any space between us. I squirm uncomfortably, trying to give distance between us.

"We actually need to talk about what happened," I say firmly, and she looks at me with a smile. Why is she smiling at me?

"We can talk later," she says, leaning in front of me and trailing her hand down my face. I pry it off, annoyed, "Seriously Camila, stop." I literally just want to talk and get over with this.

"Did you come back because you missed me? Because that could definitely be arranged," she says, batting her long eyelashes. 

I'll admit, she was way prettier than I had seen her last time, with her long, wavy natural hair and toned skin. 

But just something about her was unsettling. Maybe the way she leaned in front of me, not so subtly flashing her cleavage at me. Or maybe the fact that she kept rubbing my leg, making me the opposite of calm.

This is making me sick. I just want to go hope and make up with Serenity.

"No, I do not. I want to know if you ever actually liked me. Or where you just using me like you used all of your other 'boyfriends'," I put air quotes around the term for emphasis, "that's the only reason I'm here."

"Of course I like you. How can I not? With this beautiful body of yours, anyone can," her voice sultry as she trails her hands down my chest, making me feel extremely uncomfortable.