Chapter Twenty-nine

I hear the doorbell right at home. Ugh it's 8:30 pm. person! I'm trying to sleep. Lol not really but I don't want to wake my mom up. She's had a rough couple of days.

I open the door, saying,"No, I don't want your cookies- Shawn?" I stopped mid sentence when I see him with some roses in hand and a small gift. He chuckles at me and my cheeks flush with embarrassment. "Happy late birthday!" He says with a kind smile. Aww how sweet. He went out of his way when I told him only a few hours ago. 

"Thank you Shawn, come in, " I say and he steps in while I lock the door. I lead him to my room, trying not to disturb my mom from sleeping. She's not as light of a sleeper as me but still..

I put the roses in a vase and bring it up to my room and place it on my nightstand, next to the picture of Kayden and I. I motion him to the bed. 

"Open it," Shawn says politely, handing me the gift. "You really didn't have to Shawn, it's-" he interrupts me. "Shush and just open it," he laughs and I nudge him with my elbow. 

I take off the plastic wrap and open the small box. I gasp out of surprise as I lifted the sheets of paper up. "No way. No way. You didn't-" I remain speechless. Inside the box lay two front row seat tickets to see Drake next weekend in Montreal!! How did he get these? 

"Oh my god, thank you thank you thank you!" I chant, latching my arms around him, hugging him tightly. "How did you get these?!!!" I ask surprisingly. He smirked mysteriously, "I know a few people.."

An idea popped into my head. "Will - will you come with me?" I ask. He seemed surprised by my request. He stutters, "Uh, I don't know.. I.." I give him the best puppy eyes look I can muster. He curses under his breath, "When you do that I can't say no.." I smile victoriously. "So you will?" I plead.. I don't know why, I just really want him to come with me. He grumbled, "Fine." 

"Yay!" I squeal at him and wrap my arms around his neck loosely, nuzzling my face in the crook of his neck. "But I'm going to pay for everything," he whispers softly, not leaving room for negotiation. 

"I won't let you Shawn," I say firmly, standing my ground. "Please? I'm the one who got them for you!" He pleads like the gentleman he is. "You can't say no to a gift," he says, pulling that card on me. Ughhhh, "Fine. I'm still going to pay for some of it though," I say reluctantly. I will have to make it up somehow.

I kiss the bottom of his neck softly. He runs his fingers through my hair slowly, his fingers trailing down my hair giving me goosebumps. "Are you going to stay for a bit?" I ask him hopefully. "Only if you want me to," he says. 

He pulls me closer and wraps his arms around me, I liked the feeling of our bodies being together- it felt right. I hug him back and we sit there for a moment in silence." Do u wanna watch a movie? "he asks politely and I gladly accept his invitation. I want to spend every second with him.

I pass him the remote and he sits on the bed, leaning his back on the headboard of the bed. I sit beside him, only a centimeter apart as he plays a Christmas movie. "You're already preparing for Christmas?," I tease and he laughs.

"Of course I am! aren't you?" he laughs. "No, it's literally July and you're the only person I know prepping for Christmas already." I explain. "Shhh! the movie's starting" he laughs, knowing I'm right. I roll my eyes and relax. I enjoyed the amount of space between us, I was so close to him - it made me happy. Shawn yawned and rested his arm around my neck and pulled me closer to him, it made me nervous yet it feels so right.

When he first touched me, I flinched slightly at the contact. Shawn noticed and removed hand away, murmuring, "Sorry" under his breath. It was barely audible but I heard it. I pouted at the loss of contact, "why did you move?" He replies, "I thought you were uncomfortable." I smile, "No I like it," I admit. I could see the trace of a smile appear on his face as he rested his arm around my shoulders once more.

I relaxed into his touch so much so that I even rested my head on his shoulder. I let out a slight yawn and leaned my body against his. He lifted his hand from my shoulder to gently stroke my dark brown hair. My eyes flutter close and I drift off into a peaceful sleep.