Chapter Twenty-five

I woke up snuggled close to a warm body, clutching it tightly. I slowly blinked, getting my eyes used to the brightness of the world. I look beside me to see a shirtless Kayden. We didn't- I don't think… I hastily remove his arm from my waist.

I throw the blanket off of my body and stand up. I'm not hungover, thank God. I didn't drink that much alcohol, I can remember literally everything that happened yesterday night.

God what a nightmare. Literally Shawn you couldn't have come at a worse time than that. I need to fix things with him! But after how I left him the other day at his house..I don't know..

I lean over and slowly Kayden awake. "Wake up Kay!" I tell him softly and he rustles awake and runs his eyes. "Morning Ren," he says, his voice hoarse. 

Why does his morning voice sound so good? I literally sound like a dying frog?!

"How long have you been up?" He asks me, pulling off the sheets to reveal his toned torso and legs. Okay then.

"Just woke up about a minute ago actually," I say cheekily at him. "You don't even feel the slightest bit hungover?" He asks incredulously to me and I shake my head. "Nope." I smile at him. 

Hangovers are a pain. Literally. 

"Ugh you are moving out today," I remind myself and he nods. He's so lucky he can skip college today. I wish I could too.

I turn to look at the clock, and my eyes widen in surprise. Oh my God I am totally late. Kayden chuckles at my reaction and I glare at him for thinking this is funny.

I frantically get off the bed as I start heading over to my closet in a rush, "Why didn't you wake me up early oh I'm going to be so late-" but he interrupts me. "Relax Ren. On the bright side, you could help me pack?" He asks, hope evident in his voice.

" I can't believe im skipping college," I mutter to myself. To be fair..tomorrow is my birthday..

"Ughhh fine," I say, a smile playing on my lips. "So where should I start?" I ask him, and he gets up and walks to his room. I get up and follow him quietly.

I help him pack everything and finally sigh in content when I'm finished. Kayden didn't actually have that much stuff to begin with.

I hope that after Kayden moves out, my nightmares won't come back again. He was the only one keeping me safe from him.

"Thanks Ren. I'll just head over with this stuff to the apartment, so.. see you later?" He asks, tilting his head to the side, in an adorable way. Wait what am I saying, adorable?

"Sure, cya!" I wave at him as he leaves with his suitcases and a few smaller boxes.

I sit down on my bed, staring at my phone screen. I start typing, but then I delete it. No that sounds too desperate. Ugh that's weird. 

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Okay. I can do this.

Serenity: Shawn it's not what it looked like, I promise
Please let me explain.

Shawn: You can do whatever you want
You don't have to explain anything
It doesn't matter to me anyway
We're just friends remember

Serenity: Shawn..please I want to explain everything.
Just give me a chance to explain.
Please?

Shawn: Alright. Come over to my place at 1
Wait, aren't you in college?

Serenity: okay
I'll explain it when I'm there.
Wait, aren't you in college too?

Shawn: I didn’t have to go today
Cuz I already gave them my song from before.

Serenity: oh okay
Cya soon

I checked my watch, which read 12:14 am. I changed my clothes and drove to Shawn's apartment house. I'm calling it that from now on.

"Liar," by this unfamiliar artist, I forgot her name, Camila I think, was playing. I related to the lyrics so much it was insane.

I parked on the street and knocked on the door. I heard shuffling on the other side as the door opened.

Shawn opened the door, wearing a black v-neck shirt and black jeans. I spotted his guitar and bird tattoo that he showed me, but there was another one.. A butterfly.

"Hi," I said to him and he greeted me, welcoming me in. He lead me to his room, and we sat on opposite ends of the bed, facing each other.

"So.." he trailed, waiting for me to explain. I took a deep breath, and the words just kept flowing out.