Chapter Thirty-eight

I look over at the clock. How is it 12 pm?! That's crazy. Well, time does fly when you are with someone you love. At least I know that he's not using me. It seems like he wants me but can't because "I'll get ruined" or something like that. When Shawn said that I got chills. I don't know if he is safe. I hope he is.

With all this, Shawn fell asleep on my lap. I don't Want to wake him, so I sit still, just looking at him. Admiring him. He seems so peaceful sleeping. I play with his curls. If i pull them lightly, they bounce back like a spring, his hair so soft.

I caress his cheek lightly, the skin so soft to touch. He stirs awake slightly and his eyes flutter open he smiles when he sees me. "Hey," he says, his voice hoarse from sleep. I smile sheepishly at him, my hand still caressing his cheek, "Sorry I woke you." 

"Sorry I slept on your lap," he replies, and we both laugh softly. "Did you get any sleep?" He asks and I shake my head. "God I'm so sorry, let's go back to bed."

He sits up and I immediately miss his warmth. We both make our way to the bed and lay down next to each other. I scoot closer to him. He turns his body to the right, draping an arm over my shoulder. I felt secure beside him. 

"We still have like 4 hours, our flight is at 2 pm and it's only 11:49 am. What should we do?" I ask Shawn.

"I think we should stay in the hotel..together," Shawn says, whispering the last word so faint I barely heard it. The thought made my heart flutter out of excitement.

He sits up from the desk and tells me he will be right back. He left his notebook open…

I can't help myself and I take a peek:

Things I Love About Her:

When she smiles, she lights up my world

She is so understanding, even when I lie to her sometimes..

Her touch drives me insane and she doesn't even know it

I love the sound of her voice, it relieves me of my stress

The way she bites her lip when she is stressed and worried

Every time she shoves me playfully and rolls her eyes

She's so innocent and cute and has no idea how often that turns me on

How soft her skin is and every curve of her body

The way her blue-grey eyes light up when she is excited about something

I can be my genuine self around her because she doesn't know..

The way she's so oblivious about how much I lo-

"The hell Serenity?!" Shawn shouts out of nowhere, shutting the book closed before I could even finish the sentence. The loud sound startled me and I jumped up in surprise. 

"I never gave you a right to snoop through my things," he shouts angry at me, running his fingers through his hair, stressed. 

I'm not even going to try and come up with an excuse because there isn't one. But the words he wrote down were swirling in my mind. Who is this girl? Is she me? If so...what lies???

"I- I-" I fumble with my words. He paces next to me, "What did you see?" He presses me. "N-nothing, I just saw a list about this gir-" he curses. "Christ, of course you did! Go ahead and tease me about it!" He shouts, making me wince.

"What? It's about me?" I ask him timidly. His eyes visibly soften and he lowers his voice a little, "Of course."

Those 2 words made just want to grab his face and kiss him so much. That was the sweetest thing ever!! "Can I finish reading it?" I ask.

He immediately shouts no, clutching onto his notebook tightly. "Pretty pleaasee?" I ask him, stepping closer. He walks backwards until his back is against the side of the couch. 

He holds the notebook high up in the air. I reach on my tiptoes to reach but I'm too short. "Ughhh Shawn come onnnn," I whine and he laughs. I pounce onto him, grabbing the book with my hands as I fall on top of him, landing on the couch.

Our laughter echoes the room as I am now in possession of the notebook. I try to escape but Shawn grabs onto my legs while I try to squiggle free of his strong hold.

I stop, trying to catch my breath. Only then did I realize the compromising position we were in. I was sitting on his stomach, as I could feel his abs tightening under me as he lay directly horizontal under me.

I push my hair out of my face and we make eye contact. We hold each other's gaze, his chest heaving up and down rapidly. 

How did we go from arguing to a playful mood, to this? We are crazy.. But I love it. I love him. 

I lean closer until we were centimeters apart. I could hear his breath wavering at my near proximity, as mine was doing the same. 

I brushed my lips against his soft ones and he kissed me back softly, the kiss sweet. We exchanged words and emotions through this kiss, I could taste everything he wrote to me with that ink pen. I pull him closer and he wraps his arms around my waist.

All my worries faded away as he kissed me back with passion. He finally pulled away, his eyes speaking volumes of emotions and words we weren't ready to say just yet. When I'm most caught off guard, he grabs his notebook back.

"How did we go from yelling, to this?" I ask, laughing lightly. "I don't know, but I'm certainly not complaining," Shawn grins slyly, kissing me again.

The hours go by, and before I know it, we're on our way back to San Diego.

"Wow, the weekend went by so fast," I admit, not knowing how to say goodbye to him. "Yeah, it did.." he trailed. 

I leave my suitcase on the doorstep and engulf him in a big hug. He is so warm and cozy, and his strong arms draped around me. "Thank you for this weekend, it was amazing Shawn! I can't believe you did all that for me," I gush and he smiles.

"Of course I would. Thank you for everything," he says, and I nod, knowing exactly what he means. I settle for a simple kiss on the cheek and wave goodbye to him. 

Is it bad that I miss him already?