Chapter Twenty-two

Scarlett and Shawn agreed to come to the party, and with a bit of convincing from both Kayden and I, my mother let us go. But only after making Kayden promise to stick around with me the whole time. Poor Kay.

Scarlett recommended that she come over to help me pick up my outfit, but I made a dumb last minute excuse because I didn't want to put her in danger by knowing where I live, and also didnt want anyone to get the wrong idea about Kayden and I. 

We are just friends. No matter how many times I have to tell people, they still think we are more than that, and it really frustrates me.

For the party I just put on a loose sweater with some jeans, paired with black boots and a small bag. Kayden and I took an Uber because we didn't want others to know that we were living together at the moment. It was for the best.

We met up with Scarlett and Shawn at the front yard. Apparently someone from the college was hosting this party at his house.

"Hey Scar, you look great," I tell Scarlett as I hug her. "Thanks, you look delectable," she winks in return and I laugh. 

"Hey Shawn," I acknowledge and we all enter the party together. The party was at full swing at the time, the dimmed lighting as multiple sweaty and drunk bodies danced heavily on the dance floor, doing inappropriate moves that I would have preferred to never witness in my entire life.

"Let's get some drinks," Kay says as he clutches my hand and leads me to the bar before I could protest. "What would you like?" Kay asked, flashing a large smile, and I just couldn't say no to him. Fine, maybe I'll just have 1 drink.

I stumble in my ankle boots as I look around, my vision slightly blurry from all the alcohol I have consumed. I spot Shawn and stumble over to him.

"Woah, easy there. How much have you had to drink?" He asks me. Him, being the responsible one, only had one or 2 drinks, whereas I took 4 or 5. "Only a little," I say as I hiccup. He chuckles, looking at me.

I stared at his eyes with a doe-eyed look. Mhmm chocolate, I love chocolate..

I shook my head to try and rid myself from these thoughts, his scent messing with me. "I'm gonna go find Scar," I tell him and he looks at me, "Are you sure? I can come with you," he suggests but I shake my head.

I'm not that drunk that I slur in my words and trip every 2 seconds. Just a little shook, I'm not wasted  so I can maneuver around. I think.

"No thanks," I say as I walk away from the curly haired boy. Suddenly I stopped and turned around, grab his hand and lead him to the dance floor. 

He recovered from that quickly as he smiled slyly, "If you wanted to dance with me, you could have just asked.." And I laugh at him, "But where's the fun in that?"

We danced together, our movements in sync as he lay his hands on my waist. Heat radiated from his body and I loved the way his hand felt on my waist. He turned me so my back was facing him as he pulled me closer to him.

I could feel his chest rise and fall from behind me, and a certain member pressed against my lower back and I squirm at the discomfort. Okay, that's enough. I turned around to face him and yelled over the music, "I'm gonna go find Scar," walking out and leaving him there.

Turns out Scar was making out with some cute guy, so that leaves one person. Where the heck is Kay?

Ik walk past the bathrooms to see people making out, none of them seem to be Kayden. I finally found him near the drink section. His eyes twinkled as he approached me, casually slinging an arm around my shoulder.

"Hey babe how's it going? You having fun?" He asks, slur present in his voice. I shrug off the fact that he called me babe. "Yeah, how about you? How many drinks have you had?" I ask him.

He holds up 2 fingers, "Only 9 drinks," and I laugh. "Sure Kay, sure," I say and he smiles at me.

He stares into my eyes longingly as he slurs, "You're so prettyyy. I wish I was as pretty as you," Kayden announces, as he reached out to touch my face. Okay, he's very drunk.

"Cmon Kay you're drunk, let's get home," I tell him as I softly pry his fingers off my face. "Mmm I love living with you," Kayden murmured quietly.

I spot Shawn from the corner of my eye and slowly dragged Kayden over with me. "Hey Shawn, I think it's time for us to go. How 'bout you get Scar and we can meet up at the front?" I suggest and he hesitantly nods. "Are you sure you can handle him?" Shawn asks and I nod. 

Its Kayden, he'll just ramble on about useless stuff until then. "Yeah, I'm good. Just find Scar and we can meet up on the porch," I tell him.

I swung Kayden's arm around my shoulder and I grabbed him by the waist to bring him along. He can barely walk properly.

I take him out to the front porch and sat him down on the stairs. I sat next to him, waiting. 

"Baby I'm colddd," Kayden whines to me. Ugh. I take off my jacket and put it on him. "Better?" I ask him and he nods, smiling. "You are so nice to me," he slurs, murmuring softly to himself.

He abruptly turns to look at me in the eyes. Suddenly, he crashed his lips onto mine, and I froze. His lips tasted like vodka, Mmm. I kissed him back softly-Wait, what the hell am I doing? The alcohol is getting to me.

 I push him off of me, "What the hell Kayden?!" I asked him, as I hear the front door opening, to reveal a tired looking Shawn and an extremely drunk Scarlett.

"Oh good, you guys are here. Shawn would you mind taking Scarlett to her place, I'll help out Kayden," I say, the tiredness seeping from my voice.

"Yeah sure, see you," he says as he helps Scar over to his car. I called an Uber to take Kayden and I home.

Kayden wobbled up the stairs of the house, we were both trying to be as quiet as possible so we wouldn't wake up my mother. Well at least I was.

I sat him on his bed and he rolled his eyes groggily. "Ren?" and I sigh. "Yes Kayden?" I ask, trying to sound the least bit annoyed than I am right now.

"Stay with me?" He pleads like a small child and I mentally debate whether I should or not. 

Technically Kayden and I have slept on the same bed before and nothing has happened, we stayed on our sides, but then again Kayden is drunk and he did try to kiss me… I sigh and get in bed, making sure to stay in the far end of the bed.

Unfortunately, Kayden didn't seem to get the memo and scooted closer to me, heat radiating from his body in a comforting manner.

"Night Ren," he says sleepily as he snuggled up the croon of my neck. I could feel his soft and steady breathing on my neck and I whispered, "Night Kay."replied.