Chapter Forty-two

"The water was freezing," Shawn exclaimed and I nodded. His eyes sparkled in delight, he almost looked at me in awe?

"It felt great didn't it? I used to do it back home. For a few seconds, you just forget about all the worries and problems and just fall," I smile at him.

"We gotta climb up to get our clothes," I say. Right then, we notice how exposed we really are. I glance down at myself to notice my slightly see-through black bra and panties, feeling insecure.

I don't fail to notice the way his boxers cling to his body, and I feel my neck heat up a little. He climbs up the rocks while I fumble, my right foot still hurting slightly but only when I apply too much pressure. Shawn holds out his hand from the top of the cliff, and I gladly grasp it. 

"Thank you Serenity. This is the most happy I've been in a long time." I step forward and wrap my arms around his upper back, pressing my body in for a hug. 

He hugs me back but slightly pulls away awkwardly, "Uh..someone is getting a little too excited." I pull away, confused until I see the big bulge from his boxers. I look away, my cheeks flaming and he laughs at my reaction.

We slip into our clothes and meet up with our faithful driver, who has waited for us patiently the entire time. 

I snuggle into Shawn the back seat of the car. Shawn plants a soft kiss on my forehead and we reach home.

"What time is it??" I ask Shawn, and he pulls out his phone to check. I see the flicker of someone who looked like in the background. "It's 1 am." I nod, distracted. "Hey Shawn, can I see your phone for a second?"

I see hesitancy flicker in his eyes, as if he's hiding something. He debates it before pulling his phone out and handing it to me. Wow, he has the Iphone XR! I click the power button to stare at his background. I never knew he took this! 

The picture was of me staring into the camera smiling on a bed. A real smile, and my blue-grey eyes shone, my face radiating out of happiness. "When did you take this?" I ask him and he smiles shyly, "On your birthday." Awww im literally speechless this is so sweet! I have some pictures of Shawn on my camera. Maybe I should get a phone.

"Lets go," he says as we reach our destination. We both thank the driver and walk back to Shawn's suite. "You feeling sleepy?" He asks me. "A little," I admit. "Come here," he says and I slip into bed next to him. He muttered something incoherently, and I slipped into a peaceful sleep.

"Good morning babe," Shawn says, kissing me on the forehead. I squint and rub my eyes, and the first thing I see when I open my eyes is Shawn's beautiful face. I want to wake up to this every day. "Good morning," I say, my voice breathy. 

"I'm gonna take a shower, I'll be back in a bit," Shawn says and I nod. I lay in bed and just stare at the ceiling. Time is ticking. Maybe he won't find us. Maybe the police will get him before, or maybe one of the bodyguards Shawn hired will. I should worry less. 

Yesterday with Shawn was incredible. We both were happy. I am happy when im with him. I hear a door open and look to see Shawn emerge from the bathroom in only a towel around his waist. My eyes wander over his broad shoulders and chest, taking note of the 6-pack abs on his lower stomach.

I meet his gaze to notice that he was staring at me the whole time. "You like what you see babe?" He says, with a sly smirk. My cheeks heat up out of embarrassment and I pull the sheets up to reach my chin. "I..uh.." I fumble with my words and he walks closer to me until we are inches apart.

"Am I making you..flustered?" He smirks as he leans in, leaving me speechless. His close proximity is messing with my mind. "No..I..I'm fine," I lamely try to argue.

He pulls down the comforter from my chin and leaned in to whisper in my ear, "So you're not affected by this?" His voice was husky and seductive, and my breathing hitched. I scowled and he laughed softly, his smirk still plastered on his face. I just want to wipe that smile off his beautiful face. An idea popped into my head.

I removed the sheets from on top of me and stood close to him, my hands trailing down his chest. I could feel his heart beat faster at my touch."I affect you too baby, don't I?" I say, and Shawn gulps nervously.

I leaned towards him and kissing the sensitive spot on his jaw. He let out a groan and I smiled slyly. I let my hands trace the muscles on his back teasingly, slowly pulling away, leaving him breathless.

Shawn pouted, "Such a tease…" I laughed lightly, "Hey, you started it!!" He smiled mischievously-uh oh. "And I'm going to finish it," he countered as he sucked on my neck. I gasped, clutching onto his shoulders, his lips sending goosebumps throughout my whole body. 

He pulled away, leaving me flustered. He smiled at me and I bit my lip nervously as he tried to steady his breathing. "I-Im going to take a shower," I murmur, grabbing a hoodie and some sweatpants from Shawn's closet and heading into the shower.

I shower and slip on Shawn's clothes, the clothing smelled like him and I loved it. I stepped out of the bathroom to see Shawn dressed. "I'm going to check up on my mom, I'll see you in a bit okay?" I say, reaching on my toes and ruffling his hair. Shawn scowled lovingly at me, attempting to fix it up.

"Good morning," my mother smiles and I smile back, "Good morning mom." It really has been a good morning for me. She glanced over at me momentarily, "I see you had fun. Did you use protection last night?" It took me a second to process the information. "Wait what?!! Mom are you crazy? We didn't do it okay!" I tell her and she smiles? Uhh we actually didn't though, where'd she get that crazy idea from?

"Sure honey, sure. Oh, by the way, you have a little something here," she says, pointing to her neck to demonstrate.

I glance down but I couldn't see my neck. I rush to the mirror-what on Earth is my mother on about? Low and behold, I stare at my neck to notice a purplish bruise form on where Shawn just kissed me. Damn that man! I can't believe he gave me a hickey!!

I pull out hair strands and arrange them in a way to disguise my hickey. If my mom says something, I swear I will die out of embarrassment. 

I walk over to Shawn's suite and knock on the door. He opens on the door and grins when he sees me. I glare at him and he furrows his eyebrows at me.

"Why would you give me a hickeyy?" I whine and he laughs at me. "I didn't even notice it! My mom pointed it out! Do you know how embarrassing that is!!" I whine to him, my face turning red just remembering the embarrassing memory. 

"Hey it's fine. But honestly how did you not notice it until then?" He laughed at me and I shoved him playfully. "Ughh seriously, now I have to hide it from sight. What if someone sees?"

He smiles slyly, "Maybe I should give you another one." Okay, thats hot!! I gulped, seeing the mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Stopp," I say playfully and he flashes an adorable grin my way. I could stay like this forever.