Chapter Eighteen

I woke up and groaned as I look at the alarm clock. I need more sleep. Thankfully, yesterday night I didn't have any bad dreams or-oh. Kayden helped me.

My cheeks flushed red-i've completely embarrassed myself in front of him! Stupid. I look around. He wasn't in bed. And I'm going to be late for school.

So much stuff happened yesterday, I feel like my mind is going to explode. I run to the bathroom to hurriedly brush my teeth and look at the mirror.

I look like absolutely trash. My hair is tangled-I really want to get my hair cut shorter now its getting annoying- and there are black circles under my eyes from not getting enough sleep. Ugh I don't have time for this.

I splash water on my face and brush my teeth, then take a quick bath and change into some clothes. Kay probably went to school already.

Just in case, I knock on the door, and he opens it-shirtless. I quickly cover my eyes with my hands, "Dude put a shirt on," and he chuckles nervously. "Sorry, I'll be out in a minute." I keep my eyes closed for a minute until he said he was ready. 

"We are going to be late," I tell him and he nods, chewing his lip nervously. Kay and I walk together to the college, and when we arrive we get a lot of stares and whispers. Ugh why can't people just mind their own business?

“Hey Serenity, and Serenity’s boyfriend,” Scarlett greets with a know-it-all smile present on her face. “He’s not my boyfriend,” I say quickly, and I swear I saw sadress flash through Kay’s eyes. Surely I’m just imagining it.

“Oh okay. Just saying, you look good together,” she remarks as she winks at me and turns around leaving me with rosy cheeks. “Sorry bout that,” I say, chuckling, and he smiles lightly. ‘What are you majoring in again?” I ask him.

“Oh uh I’m a Biology major,” he says, and I smile widely, “Wow Kay that’s awesome!" feeling proud of him. I knew that Kay was smart and that he would achieve great things when he grew up.

"Well I'll see you later then," he says waving one last time to me as he departed to his next class. Scarlett and I hung out for the rest of the day, which meant lots and lots of questions.

Fortunately enough, I was able to satisfy her with the fact that I liked Shawn. "Fine. I'll stop bothering you about it, now that you have admitted your feelings," she says with a sly smile. She is so evil.

I nudge her, "What about you huh? Got a special someone?" I didn't admit it, but it did feel a bit better sharing my feelings with someone.

I didn't feel comfortable talking to Kay about it and didn't want to burden him with my relationship problems, even though me and Shawn were never in a relationship to begin with.

"Hey do you want to hang out today?" Kay asks, a hopeful smile on his face. I smile at him with uncertainty, I guess he could help me stop dwelling over Shawn for a while. "Sure sounds good," I tell him as I clutch my bag and walk with him.

Thankfully I have gotten used to walking to and from college, which is good because now my legs don't hurt as much as the first few days.

He led me to a coffee shop-which happened to be the same shop Shawn and I used to hang out in. I really didn't want to be here right now-Shawn and I have sort of been ignoring each other since the almost kiss- but I couldn't say no to Kay.

We sat down, and Kay ordered something for the two of us. Sounds all too familiar doesn't it?

"So.. I never asked how your family is doing?" and he grimaced slightly. "They are..alright.. They didn't really think well when I told them I was leaving London, especially my father. I haven't told them that I found you yet, but I'm dreading it because they will ask me to bring you back to London, and I hate it there."

"I'm glad you are here," I say gratefully, smiling a genuine smile that- for once wasn't strained at all. 

Kay seemed awestruck by my smile as he sat there in shock for a few seconds. He then quickly regained his regular self.

He then blurted out something I never thought I would hear. It changed everything.