Chapter Thirty-three

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks as he chews his bottom lip nervously, staring deep into my eyes. I could see the speckles of ocean blue in his green eyes. I spoke without even thinking. "I would love to," I say as I kiss him again.

Later on my consciousness dawned on me. I said yes. I'm not regretting it..just.. I keep thinking about one person in the back of my head and my inside voice is constantly nagging me about him. Shawn.

But I want to be happy with Kay. He can give me everything I've ever wished for. I'm going to give him a chance. 

"Well umm.. see you tomorrow maybe?" Kayden asks unsure of what to do at the moment.  Of course," I say giving him a little kiss on the cheek and walking up on my doorstep. Wow. What a day. Such a good day..

I check my phone to find 2 new messages from Shawn. He asks if I want to hang out. Hmm.. Well it's not that late..still Saturday.. I messaged him and I head out.

"Sooo…" I say, twiddling my fingers.."Soooo..Wanna hear a new song I've been working on?It's not done.." he says biting his lip. "Of course," I grin. I love his voice and he has so much talent, he doesn't believe me.

Shawn started singing:

What if I told you a story
All about someone who loves you
And what if I told you he's sorry he made you wait
And what if I told you he's dying 'cause he can't change history
And what if I told you that someone was me

I'm ready to tell you a story
I am somebody who loves you
I wanna tell you I'm sorry
And darling just listen don't worry
We could go down in history
Why don't you let your somebody be me?

It took my breath away. I was mesmerized by the way he scrunched his nose during the high note, the way he smiles while he sings and his voice. "Wow. I love it!! I can't wait for you to finish it!!"  I smile.

"I can't believe you are still not famous though. Maybe you should put yourself out there, make TikToks or something. You could totally go big!!" I say and I notice his dazzling smile falter. 

"About that..I need to tell you-" Aaand queue my phone ringing- I mouthed a sorry to him and answer the call. "Hi babe," Kayden says as he giggles. He giggled?? Um… "Omg are you drunk," I laugh nervously. "Maybe. Its okay babe I was just celebrating!" He shouts into my ear and I wince. Shawn is looking at me with curious eyes.

"What are you celebrating for?" I ask him slowly. His attention span is lost now. "Why do you never call me babe or anything, it makes me saddddd," he whines. "Im sorry babe. There, happy now?" I ask and I can imagine him nodding and grinning like a little child. Aww the thought makes me smile.

"Where are you?" I ask and he tells me. "Do you want me to come and get you?" I wait and hear no reply on the other end of the line. "Kay?" I call out, no answer. "Babe?" I ask and he says, "Yayyy finally!" And I sigh, exhausted but weirdly entertained?? 

"Do you want me to come and get you?" I repeat but slower so he could maybe understand and not lose focus again. "Mhmm I wanna show you off to all my friends," he says and I smiled, flattered. "Okay, stay right there I'm coming," I say and hang up. 

"I'm sorry Shawn I have to go.." I say and he nods. "I never knew you had a boyfriend?" He says, sounds a little confused maybe? "Uh yeah as of today actually," I smile and he half-smiles? I wanted to ask if he was alright but my phone buzzed. Oh right, Kay. "Sorry I gotta go..we didn't get to hang much but maybe tomorrow?" I ask and he nods not saying anything. Instead only giving me a small wave as I hurried out, calling an Uber.

My eyes try to find their way through the dark room. I wonder if Kay drove his car here? I smile when I finally notice him around a group of friends. I squeeze  my way to him and he sends me a lazy smile when we make eye contact. 

"Ready to go babe?" I ask him and he beams. "Okay, bye everyone!" He says to his friends and I grab his hand so I don't lose him in the crowd. "Did you bring your car?" I yell over the music and he says yes. Luckily I see his car parked not too far away. "Can I get your keys?" I ask politely and he shakes his head no. "Pleaseeeee?" I ask him and he still says no. Ughhhh.

I know he keeps his keys in his pocket. Hmm. I pull his collar closer to me and kiss him, using my right hand to shufflie for the keys. I kiss more passionately, deepening the kiss. His lips tasted like vodka. He pulled away, breathing heavily. He didn't even notice me opening the car door for him and he just sat inside. 

"What were you celebrating for?" I ask him curiously as I drive to his place to drop off the car. "I finally got you after all these years," he says, grinning like a little child with candy. Aww he's so cute!! "Aww thank you, I'm so happy to have you too," I say and take a moment to ruffle his hair at the stoplight. 

Then I remembered something. "But don't drink too much okay? It's not good for you," I tell him and he pouts.  Okay sowwy." I laugh at his cuteness. I just want to reach over and pinch those adorable cheeks.

I unlocked his door and hand him the keys to the apartment. "Stay with me baby??" He pleads and I nod. I quickly texted my mom and head into his room. "You've been wearing those clothes all day, you can wear anything from mine," Kayden says and I blush remembering the other day. 

This time I pick one of his shirts which was only a little long and wore his boxers..again. When I stepped out of the bathroom, Kayden's eyes dilated. "Wow..you look amazing in my clothes. I mean you look beautiful all the time but like..it's such a turn on," he says, fumbling with his words. I laugh at his shyness, "Thanks." 

He gets under the covers and I get into the other side of the bed, turning the lights off. I scoot closer to him, feeling cold. He turns to face me and wraps an arm around my waist, his breath tickling the crook of my neck.

"Goodnight Ren," he whispers.
"Goodnight Kay," I reply and snuggle into his chest and drift off to sleep.