Chapter Forty-four

I hear his breathing hitch the moment I spoke those words. His eyes search mine swiftly before breaking into a grin.

"I love you too Serenity." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. He loves me. He really loves me. I smile widely at him, I couldn't stop smiling. 

I crash my lips against his, sending a euphoric sensation throughout my whole body. He kisses me back and I loose myself in this feeling.

He pulls away, both of us breathing heavily. "Let's go, " he says, climbing out of the pool, intertwining our hands. He briefly lets go of my hand to wrap his towel around me before intertwining it again. I send him a grateful smile as we go back to our rooms. 

He walks me to my moms suite, but I grab his arm and pulled him inside. My mom left a note saying she will be back soon and needed to buy groceries. 

I open up my new phone and transfer Shawn, Kayden's, my mother's, and Scarlett's phone number. I notice the package stick out from under my bed and I kick it under before Shawn can see. It's his birthday present.

I stare at our intertwined hands. I let go and place his hand on my lap. "Your hands are so big," I exclaimed, holding his up compared to mine. "No, yours are so tiny," Shawn said, laughing. 

"What are you going to do for your birthday?" I ask him and he shrugs. "Most of my family and friends are back home, so I don't think I'll do anything really." I could tell he was sad about it, but he didn't want to show it.

"Would you..maybe..want to spend the day with me?" I ask him, fidgeting with my fingers. He smiles at me, "I wouldn't want anything else." 

My heart fluttered at the words. "Me neither." 

"Serenity Victoria Falls, I am utterly in love with you," Shawn says from on top of me. I smile, "Shawn Peter Raul Mendes, I am utterly in love with you," kissing him softly.

"What was that you said about not being together?" My mother's voice booms, and we quickly break apart. Shawn's cheeks are bright red out of embarrassment. I couldn't help but snicker at him.

 "Uh hello Ms. Falls, we um didn't see you there," Shawn says, scratching the back of his neck embarrassingly. "It's alright Shawn. So tell me, are you two together?" We both meet eyes and smile simultaneously, "We are," I say.

She clasps her hands together, "Good, I know you were the one for her. Don't break her heart or I'll break you," my mom says to Shawn and he nods. "I wouldn't dare," Shawn says and smiled at me. 

"Okay now shoo, I don't want you two doing any of that on my bed. Don't forget to use protection, I don't want any mini you's running around just yet." This time we both turn tomato red and I whine, "Mommmmm" and she laughs. 

"Oh god I'm sorry, she's…" I tell Shawn and he waves it off, "No biggie, my mom's like that too," he says. He doesn't speak much about his family.

"What are they like, your family?" I ask curiously as we sit next to each other on the bed. "My mom is sweet but kinda crazy, but in a good way. My dad is hilarious but is kind of strict with rules. And my little sister.." he laughs at the thought of her.

"You have a sister?" I ask him, he's never mentioned her before. "Yeah, she's sixteen now. She's really funny and I feel a little overprotective about her you know?" I nod. "What's her name?" I ask him. He smiles at the memory, "Aaliyah Mendes." 

I raise an eyebrow, "I'm guessing good looks run in the family. I bet she is really pretty," I tell him and he smiles. "Yeah she is...she would love you," he voices his thoughts. "I'm sure I would love her too," I reassured him. I can tell how much he misses his family. What I don't understand is why he can't just fly over and see them right now.

"You know, she even got herself a boyfriend," Shawn says and I smile. "Huh she has better game than you, took you long enough," I say and he shoves me playfully.

"Hey it's not my fault, I loved you for a while, just didn't say anything," he admits and I smile. "Me too, but why didn't you?" He averts his gaze, the moment I questioned him.

"I uh..wasn't sure you felt the same. Besides, you were with Kayden.." Shawn says his name with no emotion visible. Of course I felt the same. "I'm sorry babe. At least now I'm here, " I say and we smile at each other.

"You know..it was different with Kayden. I didn't feel this connection. I don't think I really like him that way..I think of him more as a friend," I admit to Shawn. It eases his worry, I could tell. "He clearly likes you," Shawn mumbled under his breath. 

Someone's jealous. I find that very attractive. "Aww is someone jealous?" I tease with a smile. He elbows me playfully, "Stoppp." I laugh at his adorable whining. "It's okay. I don't have feelings for him, only you," I say, ruffling his hair. Deep down I knew that he needed confirmation and I didn't want it to get in the way of our relationship. 

We heard knocking on the door and Shawn got up to get it. My mom walked in moments later. "I got a call.." she says, and Shawn squeezes my hand reassuringly as I stress. "They caught him. We are safe." I let go of Shawn's hand and hug my mother. We made it. 

I then hug Shawn, and we all smile at each other. My mom then speaks, "We will check out in the morning. We've already misused Shawn's generosity." That's true. He won't let me or my mom pay for anything. 

"No Ms. Falls, I honestly wanted to." Shawn says. What did I do to deserve such a perfect person? "This boy is a keeper," my mom says to me as she leaves. 

"So..I guess we should pack then, " I say reluctantly. "Yeah. Is it bad that I'm kind of sad to go? The last few days have been amazing and I don't want it to end." Aww, that's the cutest thing ever!

"Me neither. But it's okay, it's going to be summer in a bit anyway," I tell him and he nods. The college im going to is kind of weird, schooling is from the middle of November to the end of July. Luckily that's in a few days.. Oof I have to catch up on the last 4 days.

"You make me happy love," he says, nuzzling his nose into the crook of my neck. He called me love-he loves me. I love him. His cold skin sent a shiver through my body. I run my fingers through his curly hair, "You make me happy too, more than I have been in a while."

I fell asleep in Shawn's arms with nothing troubling me. For once, my problems were gone, and I was just happy. Richard is gone, Kayden is still my friend, and I'm spending time with my love and sleeping by his side. 

I couldn't ask for anything more.