Chapter Fifty-four

A few more chapters and this book will be complete!!

Kinda sad, seriously love this..
Maybe a sequel?? 🤔

"Shawn," I say, my voice hushed as I whisper to him while walking down the stairs. "Yeah? What's up?" He asks me with a smile.

I just want to squish those cheeks!! Did I just think that?

"You forgot to use a condom," I tell him. He stops misstep and stares at me wide eyed. "We will talk about this later. Let's have breakfast first."

I nod, afraid of what he would say. We never really talked about the future. I know this is too soon for a child. It will ruin his career.. But there is this small, selfish part of me that wants adorable mini Shawns running around the house calling me mom. Is that bad?

We eat breakfast silently, as I was running through the possibilities in my mind. We need to talk about this. We can't just follow into the future blindly. I need to know.

"I'm sorry, I was caught in the moment," Shawn shrugs. So was I. "It's fine. Nothing happened," I say. Yet. "We never really talked about the future," I urge, and he nods, understanding what I meant. There was this weird tension in the room.

"Well I do want to start a family with you. Now is just not the right time though. My career is at its peak right now and you and I just started exploring." He spoke softly.

"What do you think? Your opinion matters to me," he urges me. I smile at his kindness, the tension visibly decreased and I felt relaxed.

"I- I want to have kids of our own. I know it's not a great time right now but definitely in the future," I smile at him.

"We should be careful next time then," he informs and my cheeks redden slightly at the mention of our..shower encounter. "If you want, I could get on the pills?" He leans forward and kisses me on the forehead, "Thank you."

****

"What do you want to do?" I ask him. He looks over from his phone. "I was planning to go to the studio. I was wondering if you wanted to come with me and you know…" I grin widely, "Of course, I'm coming, let's go." 

I grab my phone and we head out, saying goodbye to Shawn's mom and Aaliyah.

He drives with the radio on. This singer named Camila Cabello started singing and Shawn immediately turned the radio off. "Why'd you do that?" I ask him, pouting. He smiles sadly at me, "She's not...the greatest." I nod, as if understanding him. 

Shawn clearly doesn't like her. Hmm. Wonder why.

You know, I realized. I don't even know much about him. He doesn't open up much either. I want to just talk to him tonight. I want to talk to him about anything and everything. I miss those times.

"Come," he says, intertwining his hands in mine as he leads me to the studio. He explained to me that today was a day off for the others. 

I was in awe with the beautiful design of the studio. He turned on the microphone and walked into a soundproof room. He pulled out a stool for me and we both sat facing each other. 

"I've been writing this for you. I'm going to publish it soon. Tell me what you think," he smiles, his pearly white teeth shining at me. When he wasn't looking, I pulled out my phone and clicked a picture of him. I wanted to capture this moment.

He pulled up the light background music and played it, starting to sing. 

I can't write one song that's not about you
Can't drink without thinkin' about you
Is it too late to tell you that
Everything means nothing if I can't have you?