Chapter Forty-six

This chapter has 2,000 words, so enjoy!! Sorry if it's a little too cliche :)

The next 3 days dragged on-with all the missing assignments and last days of college, I had no time for anything. I couldn't even meet up with Shawn in the afternoon.

Kay and I were alright. He's talking to me, but only to ask about how I'm coping and about my monster of a father. Only small talk. 

Truth is, I want my best friend back. I'm so selfish, I can't help but want Shawn and Kayden. I think...I have to let one of them go. I don't know, I'm not going to think about this right now.  

I feel free now that college is over this year. I'm going to spend the next 2 months usefully. Most of all I'm going to spend the next month with Shawn because he'll leave because of his job. 

His job. He makes it seem like he's a gang leader or some sort of criminal. He could be in danger. I shake these thoughts from my head as I walk home. I need to stop worrying, he's fine. He can take care of himself.

What happened with Shawn 3 nights ago was incredible. We almost had sex.. Am I really for that commitment and bond? I think I am. I haven't been sure of much in life, but this I am sure of. I sometimes dream about a future with him. It's the most beautiful thing. 

I arrive home and go to my room, pulling out the shipping box from underneath my bed. I had bought it when I was at the hotel but never got to open it because I was so caught up in other things. I open the box and smile. It's beautiful.

I ordered this directly from a Japan store called Sympathy of Soul

I ordered this directly from a Japan store called Sympathy of Soul. Thank god for Google Translate. I noticed Shawn likes jewelry and I remember occasionally seeing a piercing in his ear once or twice. He's really spiritual and always wears rings and even wears necklaces sometimes. 

It was a pure silver ring with two feathers overlapping each other. It was done with immense detailing and was handmade. The ring itself and shipping cost was a lot, so he better like it. Just kidding. No but seriously-

I place it back in the box and wrap it carefully, tying it with a ribbon. I place it in the gift bag, along with another item. He has done so much for me, just a ring won't suffice. I also got him another gift as well. Since he was a guitar lover, I got him a personalized and handmade guitar pick.

 Since he was a guitar lover, I got him a personalized and handmade guitar pick