Guilt trip

Richard's bedroom is simple, yet beautiful. It's full of grey, black and white furniture, with some random spots of red, just to cut off the monotony of neutral colours. The bed is double sized and extra fluffy, I gotta admit. We're in the middle of October and even though the room seems cold and unapproachable at the first glance, due to its colours, it's pretty cozy and warm, actually. I can see that he has a good taste at picking furniture and objects that highlight his personal style and fix the Feng Shui of the house. Woah. I should send a friendly reminder to myself that I'm still a hostage and not an expert house decorator.

  I got bored just laying in bed and I need to explore the rest of the room. I stand up slowly and sneak a peek at the stuff on his desk, his laptop, his wardrobe, even the curtains. The paintings on the walls are also beautiful and very interesting, even though I have no idea what they represent. It's funny how, even though I'm technically trapped in a stranger's house, I feel kinda excited. Because that stranger happens to be Richard fricking Kruspe. What is wrong with me? I should work on my priorities, that's for sure. My priority is to escape. And this will happen tonight.

  - "Whatcha looking at?", Richard gets out of the bathroom and I jump at the sudden presence. "You are untied for how many minutes? 30? And look at you..  already sneaking through my stuff."

  He looks curious but the sound of his voice is playful. I can also detect the guilt in his eyes.

  - "No, um.. nope, I just thought that you wouldn't mind me taking a look at your bedroom.. I mean.. you're famous. I'd never have that chance again."

  What the hell was that? He kidnapped you.

  - "I don't. Feel free to check everything. As long as that makes you feel secure about my intentions."

  The water is dripping off his messy hair and the towel wrapped around his waist makes him look even hotter than I thought he could possibly be. As for me? I'm literally eating him with my eyes. He notices my hungry face and tries hard not to laugh, but he doesn't comment anything on my reaction.

  - "And.. what are your intentions.. mate?", I try to act casual, crossing my arms on my breast and looking anywhere but him. I nervously tap my feet.

  - "My current intentions involve a night out. With you. I gotta admit that after your panic attack, I feel a little guilty.", he confesses.

  - "And you can end your guilt trip by charging my phone." He looks at me with question spreading all over his face. "I suppose you kept my phone, right?

  - "Nice try, Anna. But I can't risk you exposing me to anyone."

  - "Richard..", I walk besides him, "..I need to inform my mom that I'm fine." I pause and sigh. "I'm the only person she has in this life. Please. You already said that your intentions are, well, good.", I grimace. "There's no need to worry her."

  - "Ah.. okay. You got me there. I'll charge it but you'll text her and only her. You'll show me the message before you send it. No more promises." He opens the first drawer of his desk and takes out my phone with a charger. "See? I'm a man of my word." He points the socket on the wall and plugs it in.

  - "Thank you.", I smile happily. "But I can't not ask you.. How did you accept it? You could have just said no."

  He frowns. Looks like I've hit a nerve out of nowhere.

  - "Let's just say that I had a hard time getting along with my mother and my step-father. I ran away of my house too often and as a result, the relationship with my mother wasn't the most 'normal', to say the least." Suddenly, he looks vulnerable but in the next second, he automatically changes to his previous self. "My step-father deprived her from me. I couldn't do the same to you."

  - "I'm so sorry to hear that Richard.." I instinctively take his hand into mine. "That must have been harsh."

  He stands still for a while and then pulls his hand away, reaching the doorknob.

  - Don't be sorry for things that happened ages ago. Be sorry if you don't get ready in time. Clock ticking.", he winks and exits the bedroom.