The sun will set for you (Final Chapter)

"When will she wake up?"
"Is the baby alive?"
"I want to see her."
"Shall we ask her to testify now or later?"

Dozens of different voices barge in my ears. They are outside my hospital room and I just woke up. I can hear their worry, their nervousness, their will to see me and help me recover. But I know that things aren't going to be easy for me, or for anyone I know from now on.

I've lost track of time. I'm not sure what time or day it is currently, or how's my health going. All I know is that I feel super calm, my eyes are slightly open and I'm not under mechanical support, which means I have almost recovered from God knows what.

Oh I remember. Snapshots of that night are getting linked to eachother like a puzzle. I was captivated with Richard and Christoph and Andy wanted to kill us. Then Melanie appeared with a gun to save us and he killed her. After that, I killed Andy. My cousin. I remember blood, bruises, and pain between my thighs. Nothing more.

My God. It sounds like a very bad dream, but it's not. I don't know which one to cry for. Me, Melanie, Andy, the whole band?

My baby?

I feel like panicking again, but I still remain calm. The doctors must have given me sedatives to keep me in a nonchalant state of mind. I look around and I see noone, except for one woman sitting on a chair next to my bed. She's dressed formally, in a blue skirt suit, with her blonde hair tied in a bun. Probably in her early 40's. When did she get in here?

- "Hi Anna.", she greets me with a sympathetic smile.

- "Um... hi.", I greet back, not sure what to expect.

- "I'm Linda Kauffman, a police officer, specified in criminal psychology."

Wow. An officer. I'm doomed.

- "Where is everyone else?"

- "They're all testifying at the police station about the recent murder. One caused by Andy Forset and the other caused by, well, you." She looks at her papers and then back at me.

- "Officer...-"

- "Call me Linda. We'll be seeing eachother for a long time so we'd better build up some intimacy."

- "Linda", I correct myself, "I-I know what I did and I don't deny it. I just need you to know that I didn't have it all planned, nor I... killed Andy on purpose."

- "I know."

- "You know?", i frown.

- "Mr. Kruspe testified that he had small cameras connected on the corners of his basement from the day he actually bought the house. He gave us the footage and the situation was clear. You're not in danger Anna. We saw everything."

- "But-but how? I mean... You're not going to punish me?", I ask surprised, yet relieved.

- "You were under some serious psychological pressure and it was an act of self defense. It's still murder, but after Mr. Kruspe's pushing, we decided to give you a 'punishment' that it's actually going to help you heal."

- "Like what."

- "Psychotherapies. Twice a month for a year, with me. It's the most important thing you need at the moment if you want to keep your sanity."

I shake my head, suppressing a giggle.

- "Huh. Funny. I was considering to begin it sooner or later, as my life's a total mess."