New Year's Eve (Part 1)

Anna's POV

It's been 3 days since we've been informed that Alex has partial amnesia. Paul's theory turned out to be true and looks like Alex is suffering from a post-accident traumatic shock. We all know that Richard crashed against our car that snowy night, except for Alex, whose brain chose not to remember it. I'm not sure how amnesia actually works, but I can say that Alex seems to be not bothered at all that he doesn't remember important stuff like this. We've been visiting him every day and he looks more alive than ever.

Time flies. Here we are now, making the final preparations to welcome the new Year at Paul's mansion. Sadly, Till, Flake and Oliver won't be joining us to celebrate because Till has his daughter and both Christian and Oliver their girlfriends. They planned something special for them, but I'm not aware of what exactly. So 2005 will be welcomed by Richard, Paul, Christoph and me jumping all around the mansion, singing Gwen Stefani. Because why the hell not?

Despite my hurt leg, I decided to wear the ultimate party essential, a red short dress with no sleeves, having my hair straightened as much as I could, due to the humidity. The guys surprisingly look much more casual than I do, which makes me wonder why on earth did they not accompany me and my style choices in such a special day like this. Men will be men. Even when these men happen to be Rammstein.

It's still so surreal that some months ago I just attented their concert, wearing my band merch, all excited and completely unaware that someday I would be changing the year with them, in Paul Lander's mansion, having Richard as my boyfriend and the rest of the band by my side, as my friends. I'm so happy, after a very long time, even though my mother passed some days ago. Recovery after this incident will take for sure much longer time than my accident. I'm trying my best to stay positive and act cheerful, because better days will come. Better days will come. Paul's words play on my head and I smirk. What a lovely guy.

I take a last look of myself in the mirror and walk out of my bedroom. In a split second, I'm in the air, in Paul's arms. Talking about telepathy. He spins me round and round smiling, heading to the stairs. I make a loud chirrup, and support myself wrapping my arms around his neck, giggling uncontrollably.

- "Let me down you crazy!!"

- "But du riechst so gut!", he says in a playful tone.

- "Where are you taking me?", I ignore his mention on one of my favourite songs and look around, as he carries me down the stairs.

- "Somewhere neat.", he winks at me and keeps mumbling the rest of the song.

We "accidentally" bump into Richard, who has a diva look on his face. Paul leaves me in his arms and Richard spins me round too, shouting "Ich finde diiich!!" Christoph joins us and they all fanboy to the song, jumping up and down. I have no idea how did this song cross their minds, but I'm not complaining. After finishing the last chorus, Richard pecks my lips and places me carefully on the floor, holding me so as to not fall. I fix my hair and my dress awkwardly.

- "What was that for?"

- "Today marks 10 years since we debuted that song and tonight you look so much like the girl in the video, so we thought why not?", Christoph replies and I frown.

- "Wait, wasn't it debuted in August, 1994?"

- "Oops.", Richard covers his mouth, rolling his eyes, like a kid that got caught.

- "Okay how much tequila did you drink?", I eye all three of them and they whistle nonchalantly. "I'm waiting...", I tap my foot on the floor acting annoyed, but of course I'm not. I'm sooo enjoying this.