Missing

Richard's POV

A bird's chirp out of the open window wakes me up. I rub my eyes lazily and yawn loudly. I almost forgot that we're in the middle of spring and nature has woken up for good. I hate waking up early, but tour life doesn't quite conform with my needs.

I stretch my legs and I crack one by one my fingers, turning to the side, to hug Anna, but I hug the empty mattress instead. I pat the sheets, as if she would appear out of nowhere. Did she wake up earlier than me? That's new. Interesting. I'll just dress up and find here in a couple of minutes in the lobby.

As I put on my slippers, I notice something on the nightstand, under the room key. It's a letter, that I'm sure didn't exist last night. And the "R" necklace I gifted to Anna before our first night out, lies on the stand as well. I don't know what to believe. I unfold the letter and realize that it's her handwriting:

I wish I could find the proper words to explain myself, but it's so hard when your heart gets ripped out of your body so inhumanly. I know everything, Richard. I know about Sophie, your cheating, your lies, everything. I have photo and video footage she sent me, that proves everything. I thought loving you was the best thing that has ever happened to me, but apparently things don't actually work out like you want them to, when your other half decides that you're not enough for him. I was right from the very beginning. You are toxic and huge, terrible liar. I admire your confrontation at me when I was at my worst, but this is just over the line, I hope you understand why. Don't try to find me, because you're going to waste your time for someone who doesn't want to be found. Good luck to you and good luck to the rest of the guys. I hope someday that you'll find what's best for you, but I assure you it's not me. Not anymore.
Take care,
Anna

I reread the letter again and again, trying to understand what just happened. This gotta be a prank. But it can't be a prank, because Sophie's name is mentioned. She knows? Did that bitch find Anna and spit all these lies? I'm a hundred percent sure that I never cheated on Anna, everything happened exactly one month before I met her, there can't be any footage, it must have been photoshopped. Unless...

Andy.

The bastard has started a war. His blackmail when we were in London, now came to life. I never gave him the money for the drugs, and now he's trying to ruin my life. She is my life. And now she's gone.

She broke up with me. Via letter.

No, no, no...

I grab my phone and find her number in my contacts. I call her, but she's not answering. Expected. But I realize that something's different, the anticipation doesn't last for more than 3 seconds. Did she... block my number?

I wear the first piece of clothing I find in the closet and rush out of my room, running to Paul's. I knock on the door like a lunatic, and he opens after several knocks.

- "Open up, open up, open up!!"

- "Hallo."

- "Where is she Paul.", I goggle my eyes, almost out of breath. His stare is suspicious. He knows.

- "Come in. We need to talk."

I walk into the room and face the whole band sitting on the bed, looking at me sympathetically. Till, Christian, Oliver, Paul and Christoph look like they are guilty, yet devastated. So they are all aware of the situation.