Amnesia

Richard's POV

I blink confused several times, not quite sure of what is going on. Did he just say that he doesn't remenber me? Or he's kidding? However, it would be so weird if he is actually messing with us, because he literally just woke up. Looks like he's not completely over the coma.

- "Look at me Alex. Do you remember my name?"

- "You're Anna, duh.", he rolls his eyes. "But these guys right here? Not ringing any bells to be honest."

- "Something's wrong.", Till mumbles discreetly. "We have to tell the nurse."

- "You tell me.", I agree.

- "I understand that he doesn't know you, Till, but me and Richard have introduced ourselves to the boy. It must be some kind of post-accident trauma. I ain't a doctor, but it's clear."

Paul tries to find a logical explanation and the three of us shake our heads affirmatively to his hypothesis. It may be possible, actually. It's no time for lucky guesses though; we should know an expert's opinion.

"Follow me.", I nod at the guys out of the hospital room. "The sooner we find the exact reason behind this, the better."

- "Richard? What are you up to?", Anna asks me, her face full of confusion and nervousness.

- "We'll be back in a minute. I'm just going to call a nurse.", I comfort her and we walk out of the room.

Our eyes are searching for the nurse we met before, impatiently. Luckily, I bump into her right when she was about to go into Alex's room, holding some papers. I sigh relieved.

- "Excuse me, nurse?", I touch her forearm, causing her to stop.

- "Yes?"

- "I believe that Alex has some sort of amnesia?", I explain more questionly, than surely. "We talked to him for like, 5 minutes and he doesn't remember basic stuff. Is there any way you can, uhm, check him again?"

- "Don't worry sir. I was going to do this anyway, we always pay more attention to the patients that have survived a coma. It's normal, though, to have loss of memory. But we'll find out right away.", she assures us and we nod affirmatively.

We enter the room again and all 4 of them turn their heads at us. The nurse approaches Alex and gets him ready for an examination.

- "I have to ask you all to exit the room, as an essential examination needs to be done. You can come back tomorrow, as the patient has to get some good rest.", she orders politely.

- "Ah, yes, sure, we'll do as you say." Anna approaches Alex and kisses his forehead. "See you soon monkey."

- "Bye girl. Don't worry about me. Don't forget I'm Hulk's cousin.", he winks and she chuckles.

- "I'll keep it in mind."

As soon as we all say goodbye to Alex, we head to our cars. Even though Alex looks fine, it concerns me that he just forgot about me. Does he remember, really, that he crashed into me? Is this the reason his brain subconscious chose to erase this exact memory? I can't be sure of anything, until I find a logical explanation.