News

I wish I could stay in bed a little longer. Or better, forever. It feels so good snuggling under the fluffy blankets, wearing nothing but your partner's arms around you and listening to the sound of the rain.

Speaking of my partner, he's already up, taking a shower, as I assume. I groan from the realization that I have to get up and pack, as today is the day that we're flying back to Berlin and Paul's mansion. I could stay longer in London, but the environment is too depressing to compromise and I don't need another dose of negativity in my life. As my mother's gone, I have no other reason to come back here any time soon.

I stretch yawning and head to my closet to find something warm and maybe oversized, as the snow in Berlin is waiting to freeze us to death. I choose a black sweatshirt and my also black matching sweatpants, pulling my hair up in a messy bun. After fixing my bed and putting the blanket high in the wardrobe, I get a text message from Andy.

- "Woken up yet? 😴"

- "Still sleeping. It's my hologram texting."

- "Hologram, do you have any time to catch up before you go?"

- "Come over. I can spend some minutes."

- "K girl."

As soon as I place my phone on the drawer to finish packing -not that I unpacked at all since yesterday, but still-, the doorbell rings. I walk to the door and I open it, facing Andy with a goofy smile. He has black circles under his eyes and his eyeballs look kinda red. I wonder if he slept at all last night, because I'm not used to seeing him like this. He's holding a milk chocolate and taps his feet impatiently.

- "How on earth did you arrive so fast? Who are you? Flash?", I ask, closing the door behind him and we walk to the kitchen.

- "I was planning on coming uninvited because I was already at the neighborhood, but in the last minute I decided to text you." He hands me the chocolate and I smile, turning on the coffee machine.

- "Wise choice. Do you want some?", I point at the machine. "I'll make filter coffee for Mel and Richard."

- "Ah, sure, why not, thanks." He passes his hand through his ginger hair sighing and I can feel that something's wrong with him.

- "Looks like you need it anyway. You seem insomniac to me.", I comment, without leaving my eyes off the coffee.

- "Nah, I had a couple of drinks last night and they screwed me up big time.", he gestures with his hands as if he's trying to erase something.

- "Us two, look so much alike when it comes to bad habits.", I give him his coffee putting my hands around my cup to warm them up and I sit in the chair, facing him.

- "I assure you a hundred percent that this is not true at all. Trust me.", he chuckles.

- "If you say so, I'll pass."

- "So, back to the base cousin? Do you stay at the university dorms now?"

- "Actually, I'm spending the holidays with Rammstein. Paul, the other guitarist of the band, invited me to stay with them so as to not be alone." Andy raises his eyebrows surprised. "Yeah, I know, freaky, but I got to meet them all. We're kinda like friends now."

- "Good, good, finally some good stuff for my girl right here", he comments awkwardly, "but it's my duty to tell you something as your cousin and as your family."

Suddenly he gets serious and my smile slowly fades.

- "Is it something bad? Cause if it is, I'd rather not hear it. It's painful enough that I'm trying to deal with my mom's loss."

- "Well..."

Melanie's arrival in the kitchen interrupts Andy right about when he opened his mouth to share with me his thought. My sweet friend and her timing, always here for my rescue. I had a bad feeling for what he wanted to tell me and I can see it in his eyes. She yawns for dateless minutes and joins us.

- "Morning sunshines.", she waves at us and her head falls on the table theatrically. Another insomniac in the group.

- "Morning Mel. What a cheerful greeting!", Andy mocks her and she looks at him sleepily, making it obvious that she's not in the mood.

- "Who are you again? Oh yes. Not interested in further details."

Andy laughs with her reactions shaking his head and I pour some coffee in a cup, leaving it in front of her.

- "What time did you come home?", I take a sip.

- "1 or maybe 2, I'm not sure. I have two words to say: London is a living hell."

- "Don't wanna break it to you, but that's five words.", I hide a laugh.

- "Were you always a grammar nazi or it just came out of you when you met Richard? Just curious.", she mocks me and I roll my eyes in defeat. When she's not in a good mood, her lines are priceless.

- "Heard my name, heard the Nazis, what a time to be alive. Good morning!"

Richard pops in grinning happily and puts coffee for himself too. He's dressed in his black jeans and his dark red sweater, that suits him perfectly. Finally a logical person to talk to in this room.

- "Hey Adolf", Mel greets him and Richard frowns questionly.

- "What's with her?"

- "I wanna sleep, that's what happens.", she complains.

- "You'll sleep at the plane miss. You'll fly with us so don't worry."

- "And I thought I couldn't like you more. Thanks."

- "No problem.", he winks and turns to Andy. "Hey man. We didn't expect you today. Everything okay?"

- "Lots of things were unexpected dear friend, but they happened anyway. What can we do!" Andy raises his hands and exchanges intense looks with my boy. Huh?

- "Did I miss anything?", I ask curious.

- "No, no, what I meant was I came here to say goodbye and wish you a nice flight. Time to let you finish with the preparations."

He stands up and nods at me for a hug. I hug him warmly and I pat his back.

- "What about that thing you wanted to share with me before?"

- "Food for thought Anna. Next time. Goodbye. Bye guys!"

He winks and we all wave at him, till he exits my house. Melanie is awake at last and finishes her coffee, while Richard looks nervous and bothered by something.

- "You okay?", I hold his shoulder.

- "Better than okay." He changes his sceptical face and replaces it with his previous cheerful one. "We're flying back home. London's too miserable for happy people like us."

- "Uh... sure?", I smile, not certain of his psychology alternations. "Ooh, hold on. I got another message!"

My phone stops beeping when I open the text message, from Till this time. I definitely didn't expect that. A rush of joy fills my being when I finish reading it.

"Good morning Anna. I hope you are fine and returning home soon because I got news for you. Alex has come around from the coma."