Game on

- "Everything alright?"

Christoph gazes at both of us while we join them on the couch, with a casual look remaining on his face. If Anna's hypothesis is true, then he is a very good player, indeed. Otherwise, he's in some serious trouble.

- "All good. I just had a cigarette."

- "And you needed Anna as a company the entire time? The girl must have frozen out there.", Paul says raising an eyebrow suspiciously. 

- "As long as my mind lets me to remember, I never asked her to join me. It was all her initiative.", I sink into the coutch, trying so hard to smile.

- "Uh... I'm standing right here.", Anna raises her hand. "Direct questions are always welcome, just saying."

- "Okay, so I've got this idea, that just popped into my mind, like an annoying zit.", Paul suggests. I wonder what kind of guff he is going to say. "Anyone in for a game?", he grins and we all give him a weird look.

- "What game.", I hesitate, sipping my coffee as calmly as possible.

- "Truth or dare! We haven't done this for ages!"

- "Right, because we are not 13 anymore.", Oliver comments, about to laugh and Paul waves at him disapprovingly.

- "Oh, come on, don't ruin it!", he quickly winks at him knowingly and that's how I ensured that their behaviour deep inside is a test for me and Anna.

We don't speak for a minute. I give Anna a side look to decide if she wants to go for it or not, and she nods discreetely that she is in, smirking. I look back at Paul.

- "We're in."

- "Yeaee!", he claps and I frown, laughing. Let's dim the lights a little bit for atmosphere purposes."

- "And they say that I'm the one acting weird when I'm drunk.", I comment and Anna giggles. Oh, we're gonna drive them crazy.

He turns off the lighting completely and the fireplace is the only source of light in the living room. I take a quick look of Anna who looks so awkward, but at the same time, extremely ready for some fun. My girl is a demon, in a really lovely way, if that's any possible.

We all sit up on the couch and exchange looks. Flake and Oliver are sitting in front of me and Anna, Paul on my left and Christoph on her right. I can't help but ask the obvious.

- "Was turning off all the lights that necessary? It feels like we're about to tape some amateur porn."

- "Let's just keep it a surprise, shall we.", Christoph smirks devilishly and I grimace, swallowing a curse. That sneaky little...-

- "Okay, can I start first?", Flake offers and we all mumble 'go ahead'. "Richard. Truth or dare."

- "Truth.", I lean back to the cushions, ready to hear anything.

- "Hm... Is it true that you pretended to be a music teacher, just so that you could stalk Anna with an excuse?"

I hide my laugh.

- "That was a rational question, I suppose."

- "No comments, just your honest answer.", he stops me, waving his finger negatively.

- "Fine, this is half the truth. Actually, their teacher called me one week earlier and offered me this part. Meeting Anna there, was a happy coincidence. So, I'd say that's half true, half false.", I explain in one breath. Maybe I'm a little nervous after all.

- "I'll take that. Your turn."

- "Ahh... Oliver, pick one."

- "I'm not the brave kind of guy, so... hit me."

- "Is it true that you enjoyed singing Mariah Carey at karaoke more than you admit to yourself?"

We all burst into laughter and Oliver laughs shyly. I've hit a nerve and I love it. He looks kinda pissed though, because he's quieter than the rest of us, so this must be an embarassing moment for him. But I don't really care. They chose to play the hard way.

- "I uhh... fuck this, it's true. It's a guilty pleasure."

We all 'woohoo' at his statement and clap like an audience. I order him to pick one of us for the next 'truth or dare' challenge.

- "I pick Christoph. Truth or dare, Doom?"

- "Dare. To make the difference.", he takes a last sip of his coffee, and places his hands behind his head, supporting it.

- "I want you to grab Anna and kiss her. Wherever you want."

I freeze. I blink nervously and look straight at Anna who gulps awkwardly, goggling her eyes in question. This is getting out of control. And as if it's not enough, Christoph bites his lip, impatient to accept Oliver's challenge.

- "Guys, maybe this is getting out of hand, don't you think?", Anna wonders scared and Oliver simply clarifies that the rules cannot be changed just because of someone's discomfort.

- "Don't worry little one.", Christoph approaches her slowly, with a huge smile. "I won't bite."

They exchange looks for some split seconds and Christoph kisses my girl's neck, teasingly passing his teeth over her skin. I feel like I want to explode, cursing. Or worse, punch him. I give myself a friendly reminder that it's just a part of the game. Anna giggles a little bit with the sudden sense of his breath on her neck and luckily, he moves back, just when I was about to curse.

- "That was... interesting.", I hear Paul behind me. Why's the dude asking for his funeral? I haven't found out a normal reason yet.

- "My question is going to be a tiny bit more interesting.", Schneider pops up. "Richard... Truth or dare?"

There it is. Let's play.

- "Dare, my beloved one.", I sneer, without stopping to smile.

- "Someone's bravery popped up just in time. Are you brave enough to slap Anna? Not too hard, of course."

- "I'm brave enough to slap you.", I snap, obviously annoyed. "What kind of shitty challenge is that?"

- "Hey, you said 'dare'. This means that you should do whatever I order you to do, aren't I right, Paul.", he turns at Paul and the bastard nods positively. "So do it."

The moment I'm about to punch Christoph, Anna grabs my hand and looks me in the eyes. She doesn't look annoyed at all, surprisingly.

- "It's fine, Richard. We signed up for this. He says you slap me, you slap me. Rules are rules.", she winks foxily. "Besides, because of you I was sent in hospital. A little slap won't hurt me more than I already am."

- "We may be 'enemies', in some sort of way, but I would never slap a woman. Are you sure you want this?"

She mumbles something silently, as the rest of the guys' eyes are stuck on us. Luckily, I can read her lips. "Play it rough." My girlfriend is crazypants. She would risk anything to win at this game, even if that means slapping her.

I take a deep breath and I swear that droplets of sweat are running on my spine. I raise my hand and I slap her as softly as possible, but strongly enough to hear her gasp. Paul, Flake, Oliver and Christoph goggle their eyes surprised. They surely didn't expect me to do so. As I didn't expect Anna's reaction to the slap.

She grabs her crutches and walks as fast as she can to the elevator. Her facial futures prove that she got pissed off by everyone and especially me. I rush to hold her but she slaps me back hardly. I stand still, looking at her like a statue.

- "NEVER. And I mean it. NEVER raise your hand on me again if you don't want to spend some years in jail, got it?"

She practically yells at me and the guys are speechless at the turn of the events staying in their seats. I follow her to the elevator, where they can't see us and I start apologizing anxiously.

- "I'm sorry baby, I'm so sorry, I-"

- "Don't be sorry." She smirks and kisses me. I can almost sense her smiling through the kiss. When we part our lips, she caresses my cheek and kisses my chin. "Be proud. You are the best partner in crime. We won."