"R"

Two hours later and I still find myself getting ready for mine and Richard's night out. Wow. It sounds surreal even by saying these words. Fortunately, I carried some of my make-up essentials with me when I attended Rammstein's concert yesterday and I won't go out looking like a zombie. Just the basics: mascara, concealer, lipstick and eyeliner. Oliver yesterday delivered me some clothes bought from Richard and I chose a simple short purple dress with long sleeves (of course), that highlights my breast satisfyingly. I hope that the club won't kick me out for not being too extra. As for the shoes, the only available choice was a pair of black high heels. Not complaining. For a weird reason, I'm a little bit nervous for tonight. Weird thoughts are crossing my mind as the time goes by. I want to have fun, however, I'm not sure what are Richard's beliefs on "fun".

  Speaking of the devil, there he is, standing at the bedroom's door. Well, at this very moment, he looks like an angel with dirty thoughts. At least that's what his eyes witness while he's scanning me, head to toe. He crosses his arms and shakes his head approvingly, smirking.

  - "So? How do I look, Mr. Kruspe?", I smile, making a spin to let him see my whole outfit.

  - "Wow."

  - "Wow.. what? Is it too simple?" I look down and fake a pout.

  - "You're beautiful."

  I can't hide the bright smile that appears on my face. My heart is about to fly away off my body, and I feel like butterflies have replaced it. I try keeping a straight face but I fail completely.

  - "Thanks", I say shyly. "You look extra handsome tonight in this shirt."

  - "Well thank you, I've always been a snack! Definitely feels refreshing hearing such compliments again and again."

  I grimace disapproving his self-conceit and he laughs.

  - "Kidding, kidding. But it would be hella funny seeing that face you pulled again!"

  - "We'll see about that.", I lift my eyebrow.

  - "Come here. I bought something for you that I'm pretty sure you'll love it at first sight. Turn around and close your eyes."

  I approach him fully hesitant and my heart beats faster than before. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Richard asks me to pull my hair up. I feel his hands placing a cold piece of jewelry around my neck. He caresses my skin for two seconds.

  - "Okay, you can open your eyes now, Cinderella."

  Oh God it's wonderful. I've never seen a prettier yet glamorous necklace in my life. It's heart shaped and a crystalline "R" is placed in it, surrounded by tiny diamonds. I realize that my mouth is half open from the shock. Suddenly I feel like I'm dying from happiness and I face difficulty finding the right words to describe this feeling.

  - "Richard.. it's.. beautiful.". Feels like the saliva is stuck in my throat for some odd reason. He notices my positive reaction and smiles brighter than before.

  - "I'm glad you like it Anna. I mean, I turned the world upside down to find something like this.", he jokes.

  - "But hey.. what does the 'R' stand for?", I frown questionly.

  - "'Rammstein', obviously."

  - "Or.. maybe.. 'Richard'?", I press him playfully.

  - "Even better. What a comforting coincidence! It's up to you which definition of 'R' you're going to keep".

  - "How foxy of you."

  - "So many compliments in such little time! If it wasn't me, I would think that you're trying to flirt me.", he lifts his arms in the air.

  - Okay, stay in your place, Kruspe. Not in a million years."

  His face instantly darkens and I regret my last words.

  "I appreciate the gesture though.", I quickly add. "That was really sweet of you."

  "Yeah.. nevermind. Shall we? Your coat is in the car."

  He walks outdoors with a quick step, clearly pissed off and hurt and I follow from behind. That was kinda dick-ish of me but yesterday practically, he decided that I would be his hostage forever. I guess we are even, after all. He locks the house door and we get into his car, not speaking anymore. Time to explore Berlin's nightlife at its best.