Mission: Find Anna

Oliver's POV

LONDON

The light rain is really getting on my nerves in this city. Someone must have cursed it, I have no doubts about that. Our umbrella looks like it's not making any difference, I'm still so fucking wet. At least I have Flake with me, who hasn't stopped signing autographs, despite the bad weather.

Speaking of autographs, it's very exciting that lots of people are recognizing us on the street. From teenagers to formal teachers and lawyers, we have a large age range of fans that never fails to surprise me. We have so many places to visit, that I almost forgot that we are here for a mission: to find Richard's girlfriend, who's been missing for almost 4 days, with no signs of life whatsoever.

We're finally out of her house, as Richard told us. It's in a quiet neighborhood, where nothing bizzare must have happened, like ever. Maybe priests are living here. The silence is so chilling, that I feel like starring in a thriller. Flake interrupts my thoughts.

- "Shall we knock or ring the bell?", he asks ready to crack a smile.

- "You gotta be kidding me, aren't you."

- "What? Maybe somebody's sleeping in there. I don't want to scare them."

- "Who would be sleeping?", I whisper. "The ghosts? Her mother's dead and she might not be in there at all."

- "Knock it is."

Flake knocks three times on the wooden door. We hear nothing moving inside for 3 seconds, then I listen some steps coming closer to us. I gulp tensed from the nervousness, even though I never let it overwhelm me completely. We exchange looks, wondering who might we face.

A ginger haired lady in a black cotton dress, opens the door and looks at us, smiling questionly. We are too tall for her, so I guess we look somehow threatening.

- "How may I help you gentlemen?"

- "I'm Oliver Riedel and this is Christian Lorenz." We shake hands, introducing ourselves awkwardly. I never was good at introductions, but this is a necessary exception for my friend. "We are looking for Anna. Is she here, by any chance?"

- "I'm Jenna Forset.", she politely introduces herself as well. "I'm her mother's first cousin, Anna's aunt. I haven't seen her since Emma's funeral..." Her voice cracks in the mention of her cousin's name, but she hides it, clearing her throat. "So I'm afraid I can't help you..."

- "Did she call you, maybe someday this week?", Flake asks with his expectations too high.

- "No, no, she didn't... Did something happen? Is she okay?"

- "It's a long story my lady, keep that she broke up with our friend some days ago and now we're looking for her literally everywhere.", he explains briefly and she shakes her head knowingly.

- "I see. You're Richard's friends. I recognised the German accent."

- "That's right."

- "I admire your interest, you must be very close friends with her. But if she was in London, I would have known it. Maybe my son Andy knows something, but he's out of the country for some kind of business. Should I call him, or-"