Night out

Berlin is an amazing city, especially by night. The streets, the shops, the monuments, all look extremely pretty under the night lights. Today is Saturday, which means that people are allowed to use their spare time for fun, like clubbing, eating in restaurants, watch a movie at the cinema, or even the simplest of all, a regular walk in the park, after attending a concert. Which I, by the way, paid too expensive, because in the end, I earned the weirdest non-prize ever: a whole night living as a hostage with Richard Kruspe. Who would have seen it coming?

  We were driving for 20 minutes or less. Richard, during our car drive, took the role of my tour guide for the most important monuments we passed with the car, like the German Parliament and the Brandenburg gate. To be honest, his guidance is a lot more fun than walking around in the cold and asking random people for information. Plus, he is super descriptive.

  - "We're here!"

  He easily finds a parking lot and we get out of the car. I put on my coat and follow him with a quick step.

  - "Where are we going now?", I ask hugging myself, due to the cold.

  - "I thought that one drink or more would help as start the night with the best prospects. You know, fight the cold, etcetera.", he winks, copying my moves as I'm trembling from the wind.

  - "Hey, stop mocking me!", I lightly push him, smiling. You are freezing too and don't even try to deny it."

  - "Nah, I am used to low temperatures. Don't forget I'm a native German."

  - "You got a strong point there."

  We arrive outside a club and stop walking for a second. As he speaks, his breath forms a tiny cloud, because of the difference between his body temperature and the air's.

  - "Ready Anna? Things are about to get wild in there.", he smiles.

  - "I'm not sure what do you mean by 'wild', but please keep an eye on me if I get drunk again. Last time I did that, I ended up with a tape on my mouth.", I grimace happily.

  - "Come on, don't be a party killer.", he shakes his head.

  And he was damn right. Things are truly wild in here. The lights are moving in sync with the rhythm of each song and  it's full of people from every age. I can't hear anything and I'm communicating with Richard using our body language. He places our coats on a hanger under the bar and he asks me with his hands what kind of drink I'd like. I mouth "Vodka" and I have to yell it twice because it's too loud. Usher's "Yeah" starts playing from the speakers and I synchronize my shoulder with the beat.

  - "Wanna dance, mate?", I shout.

  - "I'll pass, I'm not the 'dancing' kind of guy!", he shouts back. I nod disapprovingly.

  - "Oh, come on, get over yourself!", I comment and start dancing on my own.

  It's really fun, actually. First time, after the concert, that I feel completely free. Well, figure of speech in this case, but I do, at the moment. Richard laughs with some of my moves but most of the time he's scanning me with his eyes. And he looks even sexier while he's sipping his drink. I close my eyes and take a deep breath that fills my lungs with joy.

  I lean on the bar to grab my drink. Inches before my lips touch the straw, a hand touches my right shoulder and a familiar face is standing besides me. I frown for a second.

  - "Anna?"

  - "Melanie?"

  Unexpected. My classmate from the university is here. I smile in obvious shock and hug her tight.

  - "What are you doing here girl? Looking hot!", she comments on my looks with extra admiration.

  - "Came here for a drink, so as to.. you know.. mix with the locals, have some fun..!"

  - "And you are here all by yourself?", she asks with curiosity spread all over her face.

  - "Sure! Why not! Maybe it's my shot to meet my lifetime partner here, who knows!"

  I feel very nervous, especially knowing that my kidnapper is sitting centimetres away from me and watches the whole scene with my classmate, luckily, not being able to hear our conversation. However, I continue dancing like I don't care.

  - "Anna.. hey.. isn't that..?"

  I freeze.

  - "Isn't.. what?"

  She grabs me softly and talks to my ear, gazing behind my back. She shows me the scandal with the face of my favourite band member.

  - "It's that guy from the band you kept blabbering about! Rammstein! It's Richard, isn't it?"

..