Nightmare

~~~~~
A cold breeze tickles my neck and wakes me up. The window is half open and the curtains fly like crazy. I close the windows to avoid a mess, but I see no sign of Richard anywhere near me. I check the clock on the wall. 3.30. Weird, maybe he went to the kitchen to drink some water; speaking of which, I need to drink a glass too. My throat is dry.

I put on my robe and my slippers and I walk to the kitchen. The lights are off though, so I suppose that he isn't there. The house is quiet. I instinctively check myself in the mirror and I realize that I don't wear plaster casts anymore, nor I have trouble walking. What the hell?

I shake my head and head to the fridge. Turning on the lights, got me terrified. I spot Richard sitting on the floor with his head up and his neck cut. A bloody knife is placed on the counter above his head and a small note. I read it in shock.

"I told you to be careful. Andy."

As soon as I read the name, Richard grabs my leg abruptly and opens his eyes. His eyeballs are black and he looks directly at me. I start screaming, trying to free my leg off his seizing, but with no results. He stands up slowly, but right before his is fully up, his head falls off his body, making me scream even more.
~~~~~

"Anna! Anna wake up!"

I feel his hands shaking me arduously and I wake up instantly, gasping in shock. I scan my bedroom and everything seems normal. The windows are closed and so is the door. It's still raining outside. The reason of my fright is leaned over me and stares extra worried at my reaction. I'm still trembling from my nightmare. Thank God it was a nightmare. He's here. Alive.

- "Are you alright?"

- "No... No I'm not, I just had a nightmare...", I pass my hand through my hair, with my chest pumping up and down.

- "I can see that... But it's over now. None of what you saw is real. Relax.", he tries to comfort me, caressing my cheek, but I continue being worried.

- "Richard I saw that you were murdered... Your-your neck was slit and a note above you had written on it 'I told you to be careful. Andy.' You grabbed my leg and your eyeballs were black...", I explain the dream nervously, stuttering and Richard frowns.

- "Andy? Like, your cousin Andy?"

- "I don't know.. Maybe? I don't know any other Andy. Why? Wh-Why did I see that? Why him? Why you? I-"

- "It was just a bad dream, baby.", he speaks in a soft voice, although I sense that hearing my dream didn't leave him unbothered. "You saw Andy because you were together at the funeral and yesterday night. It's completely normal that he stayed in your subconscious. As for me, I'm obviously not dead. Otherwise, I need to change my skin care routine as soon as possible.", he jokes but I can't relax easily.

- "You're right... It felt so real though... Reesh? Can you do me a favour?", I ask shaking my head confused.

- "Anything."

- "Hug me to sleep. And don't let me slip off your arms. It's still fresh in my mind."

- "That was tottaly unnecessary of you to ask, because I was going to do that anyway. No way I would leave my girl sleep alone."

He smirks and I snuggle in his hug, wrapping my arms around his waist. I feel his warm body against mine and I place a small kiss on his bare chest. His lips are brushing my neck and I giggle at the sudden move. Remembering what happened between us some hours ago, succeeds on relaxing me almost completely, bringing back that blissful feeling of tingling. Richard pulls the blanket a little more up and stops the kissing, resting his head inches away from my ear.

- "As for what happened earlier...", he begins in a low, charming voice and moves his hand up and down my stomach, "...it was amazing."

- "You think?", I ask shyly. "I was too nervous and excited, so I'm pretty sure that was a funny experience to you."

- "Funny? More like sexy as fuck. See, it's true that I could sense your nervousness. But on the other hand, that made you look irresistible. I don't know how to explain it.", he states and nibbles my earlobe softly.

- "Wow. And I thought that I was the one who has weird kinks. I was wrong.", I chuckle lightly with the feel of his tongue on my ear. "One last thing before I go for a second round."

He stops and observes my facial expressions for a hint.

- "I have no problem at all that our first time happened in such a hard day for me. Anyone else would have found it inappropriate, but I think it was the perfect timing. You talked to me about how you would constantly make me feel loved, and you proved it during the whole time... My heart could feel it. Thank you. It helped me feel alive more than I thought it would."

- "You have no idea how beautiful this makes me feel. Kinda controversial, if we think that I acted like a jerk before that. I shouldn't have asked you to break up with me. I was... extremely absurd."

- "I know. I'm aware that sometimes you feel lonely, desperate or maybe unworthy of love, but I'm here to remind you that no rainbow comes after a shiny day. It's always rain that comes first. I'm willing to stay by your side no matter what."

Richard smiles brightly and kisses my cheek sweetly, before finding my lips. He rolls me and I lean back, having him once again on top of me. Round 2 manages to keep my body relaxed and my brain occupied. This nightmare wouldn't have just popped out of nowhere. Tommorow we're flying back to Berlin, but first, I need to meet Andy.