Car ride

Anna's POV

The day I got discharged from the hospital, has finally come. These two days I've been stuck on my hospital bed felt like they took forever to end. I had plenty of dreams with Richard, something that I expected to happen sooner or later, since I had no sign of him since the accident. But at my first day as a patient, the dream felt so real. I was asleep and he leaned over me, kissed my cheek and apologized for like, a dozen times about the accident. This dream was so graphic, that I still can't figure out if it was just a figment of my imagination, or real.

Who knows. The point is that it's all over. Here I am, back at my dorm, packing my stuff and ready to leave with Paul, Oliver and Christoph to Paul's mansion. The guys have been really helpful to me and carried my bags to the car. Oliver even lifted me up on his arms, so as to not get tired by walking. Extravagant, but too sweet.

I get comfy at the back seat with Christoph and Oliver joins Paul at the co-driver seat. Paul puts on some low music on the radio and starts driving. Ugh, the plasters are so difficult to get used to, I can't even put my seatbelt on. Fortunately, Christoph helps me and I thank him.

- "There you go, lady. There's no need to give yourself a hard time, when we are with you.", he secures my seatbelt and goes back to his side.

- "Thanks, Christoph. And this thank you goes to all of you. You've been so courteous with me, I don't even know how to repay you."

- "You don't need to repay us Anna. Just be our drinking partner during Christmas and we'll get along well.", Paul mocks me and corners to the right.

- "Especially you, is unexplainable not knowing my love-hate relationship with alcohol.", I make a wanna-be annoyed look and he laughs.

- "Oh, I know. I just wanted to see that face again. Priceless."

- "You and your friend share the same sense of humour.", I comment and Paul smirks.

- "Richard? Not so much. His humour is black but mine is black with a dose of sarcasm."

- "How do you know I referred to Richard?"

- "You didn't? Oops, my bad. Sorry.", he apologizes quickly.

- "No offence taken.", I roll my eyes. "Let's change the subject."

- "Sure." Christoph agrees, not taking his eyes off the window. "Random question. Have you explored Berlin's nightlife yet or no?"

- "One time, actually. It was the night after your concert and Richard took me to a really fancy club and we had so much fun, until I met Melanie, who was about to pass out after a couple of drinks.", I reminisce. "Ah, good days.", I smile.

- "Okay, great, so another question.", Christoph focuses his look on me.

- "Hit me."

- "I'll ask you something and you'll answer fast the first thing that comes to your mind. You got this?"

- "Ooh, I like this. I'm listening.", I smile impatiently.

- "What's your favourite food?"

- "Anything pasta."