The end is near

Later in the afternoon, I find myself out of Alex's door. I'm nervous, because I don't know what to expect, or how Anna is going to conceive my unexpected arrival. Nevertheless, this has to be done, or else Richard will die from sadness. It's not only a matter of Richard though; we've all missed her, we bonded so much the past few months, she's practically a member of the group.

I take a deep breath and ring the bell. I've never been more anxious before, as I am now. All 5 decided that it should be me to terminate this mission, as I theoretically look more imposing than them.

I face a shocked Anna at the threshold, not knowing how to react. I tottaly caught her off guard. She's wearing her PJs, her hair is tied up in a messy bun.  Her puppy is on her feet, waving its tail right and left, happily. She doesn't look very happy though.

- "Till?"

- "Guten Abend."

- "What- how-..." She's in loss of words, she truly seems shocked. God bless my idea of following Alex here.

- "I know it's not the most appropriate time to pay you a visit, but I will explain everything if you let me in.", I look her in the eyes, trying my best to convince her.

- "I- I don't know... It's not my house and I'm not allowed to-"

"Anna? Who's at the door?"

I hear Alex from behind, approaching us with a questioning look, but as soon as he sees me, his face brightens up. He's holding a bowl of popcorn, supposing that they were about to watch a movie.

- "You're Till... Lindemann, aren't you?", he asks hesitantly pointing at me.

- "Yes I am. Nice to see you again Alex."

- "Sorry if I sound hesitant, it's just that my loss of memory still plays tricks on my mind."

- "No need to excuse yourself. I tottaly understand.", I tend my hand to ease him.

- "So... Why are you waiting outside? Come in!", he gestures and I walk in the house, looking at Anna who tries to avoid eye contact with me, obviously nervous. She knows why I'm here.

I take of my jacket and hand it to Alex, who hangs it on a coat rack. We gather at the living room, and sit on a sofa, which is almost completely covered with blankets, pillows and lots of cozy and cuddly stuff. The TV is on, which assured me that they were planning on watching a movie. Maybe the timing is wrong, but I have to do what needs to be done. Surprisingly, Anna sits next to me and Alex on a low pouffe, trying to understand why I'm here, but he didn't even wonder how I found his house. He's just happy to see me, caressing little Zack's fur.

- "So, how was the tour?"

- "Very good, people seem to dig a lot our new album. Now we're back to our base, adjusting once again to our routines.", I explain casually, in an attempt to banish the heavy atmosphere, but Anna decides to tense it a little more.

- "Alex? Could you give us some time alone? Me and Till have things to discuss."

- "Oh, uh... Yes, sure, I'll be in my room."

He leaves us alone, taking the dog with him, which is an official sign that things are going to be tough. Anna turns her eyes at me, looking uncomfortable. She has a hard time finding a good position on the sofa, which makes me wonder why would she suddenly do that. She always used to seat with her feet on the couch, whenever she wanted to feel comfier, but now she uses a more formal way of sitting, just crossing her legs. Maybe it's just my idea, but it looks suspicious to me.

- "Are you okay? Do you feel some kind of discomfort?"

- "Yeah, I'm alright, thanks for asking. The only discomfort I feel right now is your visit here to be honest.", she states and by the tone of her voice, she sounds sincere.