Music class

University is hella tough. When I arranged my trip to Germany, I had no idea that things would be super difficult to adjust into. The German language is fine, the lessons are, well, okay, depending on the teacher of course, but the hardest part is to orientate in the campus and in the city of Berlin. During my first days here, I had a hard time finding the Phaculty of Music and Arts but thank God Melanie came into my way and taught me the basics. Melanie, who, by the way, is totally fine since her last catastrophic hangover.

- "Hey Anna, what's up?"

  I see Alex, one of my closest friends in the university, waving at me and walking by my side. I give him a quick hug and hand him a cup of coffee.

  - "Morning sunshine. Coffee? I had a dream that you would die for a cup of coffee today.", I smile.

  - "You must be a psychic, hands down. I was about to ask you that.", he takes a sip of the coffee with extra latte and licks the foam off of his blonde stubble.

  - "What can I say? You're like a book. I've memorized every one of your habits since day 1.", I take a sip too and fix my hair behind my ears.

  - "That's... not... creepy at all. Thanks for the information.", he frowns mockingly. "So, today is the day I'll prove you wrong."

  We sit on a bench outside the class and leave our backpacks on the side. Even though it's really cold, the sun is up and manages to warm me somehow. I forgot to bring my sunglasses with me so I grimace down to the grass.

  - "You can test me if you wanna.", I challenge him.

  His hand goes through his dark blonde hair and he smiles all excited.

  - "Guess who's coming for a visit in guitar class today." His eyes are on fire.

  - "Hm... Well, I would bet on Carlos Santana or Slash, but that would be a parallel universe scenario." I roll my eyes.

  - "Oh, come on Anna, you are better than this! Okay, I'll give you a second guess and think more carefully." He claps his hands nervously.

  - "Aahh... Oh oh, I know! Dave Mustaine!!"

  - "Fuck this, you'll never gonna get it. I'm disappointed.", he moves his head disapprovingly and stands up. "To be honest, it better stay a surprise."

  - "Perfect. Now I'm nervous." I stand up too and I drink my coffee quickly because it's lesson time.

  I throw the coffee cup in the bin and hand Alex his backpack. We walk up the stairs and I'm surprised to see that the auditorium is almost full and most importantly, with people that are definitely not my classmates. We take our usual seats in the front and I whisper to Alex, while I take out my notebook and my pen. I check the time on my phone and I put it on flight mode.

  - "What on earth is going on here?"

  - "See all these people? Half of them are not even studying music. They are just here for our special guest."

  - "I suppose that this 'special guest' is someone really famous."

  He gets a comfortable pose on the chair and taps his fingers on the desk.

  - "You bet he is.", he winks.

  - "Silence class! The lesson just started!"

  Mr. Thornton asks the class through his microphone to be quiet and stands next to his desk. He looks suspiciously excited and my brain is about to explode. Plus, he is dressed formally in a blue suit and a red tie.

  "Today isn't going to be a lesson like the ones we all got used to, since the beginning of the semester. This guitar class and the whole Music and Arts university, is honoured to 'accomodate' a special guest and a true guitar lover. Not all of you fancy 'deutche härte' music, but I'm sure that there's none of you that doesn't know this man's name. Or is there?"

  The whole auditorium laughs, except for me, with a questioning smile stuck on my face. Mr. Thornton mentioned a very specific type of music, which makes me feel dizzy. I get flashbacks from weeks ago. No.

  "Dear students and visitors, please all welcome, Mr. Richard Z. Kruspe from Rammstein!"

..