⌜ one ⌟

watch me break the laws of nature by shipping these animals together

donghyuck silently went out of his room in the middle of the night, excited to explore the kingdom even if it's not even the right time to do so

donghyuck silently went out of his room in the middle of the night, excited to explore the kingdom even if it's not even the right time to do so. his eyes scanned the dark hallways, the moon seen by those large windows lighting the hallways for him.

stars shining and motivating him to step out of his room and just break the rules.

snap out of it hyuck.❞ donghyuck shut his eyes tight and shook his head aggressively. ❝you're not here to admire the stars.

how are you so fucking loud at midnight?

a voice was heard after a yawn that made donghyuck turn his head to his left only to see a small meerkat, making the pudu's lips curve up in excitement upon seeing his friend. ❝you actually woke up for me.

hugging his pillow very tight, the meerkat yawned for the second time as he approached the excited pudu. his room was far at the other side of the castle but he managed to zoom his way to donghyuck's quarter just to fulfill the promise he made to the pudu.

a promise that can get the two of them in trouble.

are your parents not awake renjun?❞ donghyuck felt giddy as he followed the small meerkat from behind, following him in wherever he is going.

they will be soon.❞ renjun sad, yawning again for the third time. ❝i swear, we are going to get ourselves killed in this.

donghyuck scoffed, now catching up to the meerkat and throwing his arms on renjun's shoulders. ❝no we won't, you're exaggerating things.

i've been legal to walk around the castle, i know how things work here.❞ renjun said, eyeing the next hallway they encountered to see if there are any eagles on patrol.

only for a few months.❞ donghyuck pouted as he stomped his feet a little too loud, earning a look from renjun. ❝you're acting as if you're some wise old man.

hey,❞ renjun gave him a warning look. ❝kindly lower your voice down? i don't want to see some eagles running after our lives.

you can't tell me what to do!❞ rebelling, donghyuck smiled proudly as he placed both his hands on his hips.

renjun heaved a sigh in regret, already thinking that risking his life for donghyuck is the most idiotic decision he has made in all his years of living. ❝that's it, i'm taking you back to your room.

the pudu had his eyes wide open in shock, frowning after. ❝but we haven't went passed the kitchen yet!

renjun went behind donghyuck and started to push him with force. ❝you're turning eighteen tomorrow, can't that wait?

a wise philosopher once said, breaking the rules before your birthday is like winning first place in a competition.

renjun paused in that so called wise statement. ❝who on pride lands said that?

donghyuck turned around to the small meerkat with his signature smile. ❝me, i'm the wise philosopher.

renjun groaned, burying his head on the pillow he is hugging very tight. ❝just go back to your room and wait for tomorrow.

but i can't wait for tomorrow!❞ once again, donghyuck raised his voice that renjun could have sworn at least one of the eagles heard it.

great, you'll be killed on the day before your birthday.❞ renjun gave him a smile, hoping to change donghyuck's mind and put him back to his room before they get in trouble.

at least i'm not alone.❞ donghyuck gave the meerkat a wink, annoying the small figure even more.

nope.❞ renjun took a step back, away from the pudu. ❝you deal with this on your own.

hearing that made donghyuck's ears fall down in disappointment, he thought renjun would actually go with him and do this adventure with him. ❝fine.

renjun turned around as he rolled his eyes and started to walk away, hoping that donghyuck followed from behind. but few seconds has passed, he heard not a footstep following from behind. his eyes quickly turned around and he let out the most loudest groan once seeing the pudu that was once with him now disappearing.

why are you out at midnight?

renjun flinched as he heard a familiar voice, hugging his pillow for protection. but he then regained himself once having a question to that specific someone. ❝shouldn't i be asking that to you?

the bunny that's leaning by the wall with both his hands tucked inside his pocket had a grin when the meerkat turned to face him, annoying him with that look of his. ❝why not?

renjun sighed, realizing the situation he is in. ❝you're no different from donghyuck.

it's my birthday the month after so

yeah, and it's donghyuck's birthday tomorrow.❞ renjun said, cutting the bunny from his sentence. the meerket heaved out a sigh for how many times already upon remembering donghyuck's whereabouts and now jaemin being out of his quarter even if he is still not at a right age to do so.

a small mistake can get any of them in trouble, which actually made renjun get very much worried as to where donghyuck is right now. eagles that are on the lookout can be present anywhere inside the castle and donghyuck is quite loud even when alone, there's no doubt he'd get caught easily. then there's jaemin, a bunny who escaped his quarters for some unknown reason which renjun is not interested to know for the moment.

it is?❞ well, that's a new information he gathered.

we are so getting in trouble.❞ renjun said, pausing from his place before going up to jaemin and grabbing him by his hand.

the bunny was pulled away from the wall and was dragged to a familiar way to the kitchen, making him wonder why renjun would bring him there.

well, the meerkat had no choice but to bring the bunny with him or there will be greater chances of them getting caught if he leaves jaemin alone.

you are helping me find that troublesome pudu.

renjun is only a simple meerkat who's assigned at the kingdom's garden, alongside with the bunny who's not all different from donghyuck by breaking the rules.

renjun didn't sign up to babysit a pudu, but guess he was forced to.

t b c