⌜ twenty three ⌟

mark wouldn't usually join breakfast together with his so called family, especially when he knows that the lioness he was expected to marry is going to join them. he'd prefer having his food delivered to his room because first, it's donghyuck who's assigned for that. second, it's donghyuck. simply because it's donghyuck. but now, jaehyun just had to dragged him away from his bed and let wear presentable attire just for a breakfast. the king would be complaining every second now if it weren't after seeing donghyuck being the one serving food for them.

i hope you're getting along with my son, eun ji.❞ the mother said as she eyed his son who's attention is somewhere away from them.

the lioness took time to drink her glass of water before giving the king's mother a small smile. ❝we're getting there.

mark was included in the conversation but he didn't speak a word, his eyes were just at donghyuck who's now placing desserts down the table. he was waiting patiently till the pudu would reach to him but his excitement just had to be destroyed by his mother who called him out.

mark?❞ she didn't fail to notice how mark was looking at the pudu, it made her glare at the pudu inside her head. ❝you'll be accompanying eun ji around the town. you don't mind, do you?

actually, he does mind in full honesty. ❝i already had it arranged with jeno. i'll be going with him.

if i say—

the former king had to place a hand on top his wife's hand to stop him from raising a voice to their son. ❝you can bring eun ji with you together with jeno, that won't be a problem.

donghyuck didn't want to listen to what they were talking about but he does know that they were trying their hardest to push mark into marrying the lioness. he then sighed and placed the last dessert down next to mark's plate. taking a step back, he took a polite bow to excuse himself.

but he just had to release a yelp when someone had poked his side. that someone was no other than mark who's smirking down on his seat, the pudu only gave him a look.

"behave." the pudu mouthed, avoiding himself from getting into trouble.

acting stubborn, mark shook his head. "i don't want to." he mouthed back and stuck his tongue out.

donghyuck can't help but scoff at his childish behavior. "stop that or we'll get in trouble."

mark shrugged, not really caring about it. "so what?"

as donghyuck was about to mouth his next reply, he noticed that he has been standing there for too long already. he turned to the family with wide eyes and blinked once he had noticed all of them having all their attention on both him and mark. he gulped down his saliva before taking another bow and leaving the scene. he felt mark poking his side once again but he let it slide, although he flinched when the lion did that.