⌜ forty one ⌟

❝m-mom?❞ donghyuck stuttered as he turned his head towards the female pudu that's being protected behind an eagle

m-mom?❞ donghyuck stuttered as he turned his head towards the female pudu that's being protected behind an eagle.

she gave her son a look, giving him a small smile, before taking a step out and facing the lioness who's fuming the moment she spoke. she could remember back when she was still so young, she knew her mother's relationship with the king. she knew how they would suffer in hiding it from everyone. and she saw how much her mother cried when they broke it off. although, both she and her mother understood why they weren't meant to be and her mother didn't force the king and just let him be. but that doesn't mean she wasn't devastated by it.

their relationship made her think that breaking the rules and risking everything won't always bring you to happiness. she tried her best to marry a pudu to have a normal family, not until that male pudu left her when she was pregnant with her baby pudu. upon knowing this, the palace didn't hesitate to bring them in.

but after mark's grandfather died and that queen had took the throne, it was never the same for her.

hyuck, i'm sorry for keeping this from you.❞ her lips quivered as she didn't have the courage to look at her son. ❝i can see how much mark loves you and i don't you to feel like loving him back is wrong just because of what happened to your grandmother.

mark's mother scoffed as she listened to her, calling them lies in her perspective. ❝just tell us that you want for your son to take the throne and—

"damn this bitch just won't shut up." the cheetah complained, burying his face down to him palms.

the giraffe snorted beside him, agreeing with what he had just said. "let her be. at the end of the day, villains always lose."

mark glared at his own mother to zip her mouth up before he does it for her, using that fist of his that had been itching to swing to her face. upon reassuring that she won't cut anyone off anymore, mark softened his gaze towards his pudu's mother, telling her to continue.

gulping, she stood her ground as she caught the king's signal to continue. ❝your highness, please trust me if i say that i'm not giving my baby pudu to you just for him to take the throne.❞ heck, that idea didn't even cross inside her head. ❝all i want is for my pudu to feel loved. i am giving him to you for you to take care of him and also to give him love.❞ she then mustered up a smile that she was too emotional to show it to them. ❝baby pudu? i also hope you take care of the king and love him without any boundaries.

this was like a page of a book that their grandparents didn't get to complete, both mark and donghyuck were there to write it down and finish the story which their grandparents failed to do so. and they were making sure that they won't let their grandparents down.