⌜ twenty four ⌟

the two stood there as they had their hands being held by each other, not planning on letting go anytime soon. mark personally asked a a favor to every pudu that's working inside the kitchen to leave them alone for the meantime, thus explaining as to how he is standing next to donghyuck and having the pudu's mother right in front of them.

donghyuck didn't agree to this plan, but mark just had bug him every time of the day. from missing his presence before because of how busy he is as king, to finding him quite annoying (but he doesn't really mean it). mark would appear everywhere. by everywhere meaning everywhere. even inside his room, mark was there sitting on his bed as he was up to another episode in convincing donghyuck about telling his mother about them. after days, or even a week, of doing it, donghyuck finally gave in and decided that they would talk it out together with his mother. he didn't want the lion to talk with his mother alone, who knows what he'll do to her. although he trusts the lion, he's in a relationship with him after all, it's still her mother they are dealing with of course she'll always be donghyuck's top priority.

i think you two owe me an explanation?❞ she said as she had her eyes on the their hands. she had a frown on her even even though deep inside her, she was happy for her son.

gulping down, mark was pretty much nervous. sure, he was the one who get them into this as he forced donghyuck after all but he never knew that it could be this nerve-wracking. ❝y-yes..❞ he then nudged the pudu, ❝sunshine, explain.

the pudu's jaw dropped as the task was given to him when it was mark who reassured him that he'd be the one to explain. ❝seriously?

showing him a nervous smile, mark gathered the courage to look up to the pudu's mother. he's the king for god's sake, why is this making him all nervous and sweaty. ❝ma'am i am here to humbly ask for your blessings.

and just like her son, she had her jaw dropped. ❝your highness,❞ she paused for a moment before having it all processed inside her head. ❝you're marrying my son!?

the two that's in the hotseat flinched for two reasons, the sudden raise of the mother's voice and second, because they were surprised at the assumption donghyuck's mother had made. mark quickly used his other free hand to shake frantically in hoped of telling her that it wasn't it. ❝not yet, but i would like to ask for your permission if i could have your baby pudu as my boyfriend.

even though he had already done it ahead and already have donghyuck as his boyfriend, he still feels the need to ask for the pudu's mother's blessing for formalities. after all, just like donghyuck, he also wants to be accepted from his family.

she badly wanted to nodded her head, let them love without any boundaries, but there were a lot of consequences she is thinking of and she didn't want anything to happen to her son. ❝may i ask why my son, your highness?❞ the mother received a look from her son but she didn't look at her baby pudu, she kept her eyes at the king to see if he would tell a lie. ❝donghyuck is just a simple cook inside the palace, what caught you're attention?