⌜ eight ⌟

finally after for so many chapters, we are now getting the markhyuck content we want ;-;

squirming here and there, donghyuck whined with his brows all furrowed until he got to finally open his eyes and his body jolted up from his small bed as if he had just woken up from the nightmare he had

a dream.

a dream..❞ donghyuck placed a hand on his forehead as he was catching his breath. he then let out a small laugh, ❝of course it would be a dream! there's no way he knows me, much more greeting me a happy birthday.

he then stayed silent for a moment from his bed.

which one was a dream though? was it when he got to meet that lion again or was it when that lion announced to him that he'll be specifically working for him only? or maybe everything of it. donghyuck nodded, he may have passed out after having a conversation with renjun.

yeah, that may be it.❞ he clutched on to his blanket, hoping that none of it was real.

what's it?

the pudu screeched when he heard a voice all of a sudden, eyes diverting quickly to the owner of the voice after throwing a pillow. his panic rose after realizing that it was renjun and he knew he'd be dead meat after throwing a pillow at him. he got up from the bed and took the pillow he threw only to defend himself from the violent meerkat.

lee donghyuck.

i didn't mean to do it! you scared me and i just had to protect myself!❞ the pudu said, not leaving space to breathe.

it was too early to get mad, and plus if it weren't for him being called to wake donghyuck up then he wouldn't be there. ❝hurry up and get ready, the king is waiting for his breakfast.

donghyuck sighed, he was still tired and he needed to have more time to spend with his beloved bed. ❝will do.

renjun nodded, leaving donghyuck inside his room. he shut the door carefully and donghyuck was left there cleaning up his bed, as if nothing new happened in his life. moments passed and he just then realized what renjun had just said to him,

make breakfast for the king?

the king!?❞ donghyuck dropped the pillow and zoomed out of his room hoping that renjun was still outside to entertain his question. ❝since when did i work for the king—

he had enough surprises for the morning. donghyuck froze there with his mouth forced to shut up once he saw renjun with jeno, making him suspicious at how they were holding hands and how close they were with each other. renjun blinked his eyes with shock before letting go of the eagle's hand, noticing how jeno's face fell when he did that, and cleared his throat.