⌜ nineteen ⌟

it was wrong.

donghyuck found it wrong but it felt so right. being with mark, laughters with him, his touches, his smiles, his voice— god damn, his voice. donghyuck just can't help but feel something else whenever he's with mark. he would even forget that he's the king. mark was so casual with him, it's as if they weren't different at all. sure, he did have a small, tiny, bit crush on him with they were little but donghyuck had probably moved on from it. probably. or maybe, that small crush had turn to a much more deeper admiration. shaking his head, donghyuck didn't want for it to happen. he didn't want for him to feel this way. he didn't want to get too attached.

because again, it was wrong.

like seriously, a lion and a pudu?❞ he scoffed while bringing a tray with him. ❝how does that even work?

right, how? not to mention, mark is far way of his league. he is the king, for god's sake. donghyuck is just a plain young cook that got lucky to be inside the palace. mark deserves someone that's like him, that's a royal. mark deserves a queen, not a pudu.

simba deserves his nala.

that's right.❞ the pudu nodded his head aggressively as he made his way towards the study room where the king's mother had asked for tea. ❝keep convincing yourself that donghyuck.

he believes that if he keeps on telling himself on how impossible it is, he might be able to move on from the feelings he has for the king. but how can he do that when mark is always there to break down any barrier he has just for himself not to have hope in being with the king? maybe if he just tells himself that those are just friendly gestures then maybe he could convince himself that the king only sees him as a friend, like jeno and renjun.

"what do you mean he's not inside his room!?"

donghyuck paused his tracks when he had head shouts coming from the study room that he was assigned to serve the tea. he didn't want to eavesdrop on them, let's just put it in a way that donghyuck mayhaps heard them talk loudly.

"find him and bring him here this instant!"

the pudu flinched when he had heard a loud slam inside the room. a moment after, guards were sent out of the room and went rushing to wherever direction they were doing. donghyuck stared at them for a few seconds before knocking on the door and getting inside only to be greeted by the lioness, the future queen, and the mother who was fuming.

taking a polite bow, donghyuck gently placed the tea down the table. he didn't fail to notice the look on the lioness, but he decided to ignore it.