⌜ twenty seven ⌟

please take good care of him.❞ the mother asked as he watched her own son clinging to the king, still being a crying mess. honestly, it hurt her seeing her son cry so much.

mark nodded his head, wrapping an arm protectively at the pudu in hope to compose him down. ❝i will, i promise.

your highness,❞ she gave the lion a soft smile, showing her gratitude. ❝thank you for doing your all for my son.

but mark didn't feel like leaving yet, not when he still doesn't know the reason why the pudu's mother won't go with us. ❝may i ask why?

what do you mean, your highness?

why won't you go with us?

🦁

is it clear?❞ mark asked as he let jeno peek his head out from the pillar they were hiding.

donghyuck was trying not to doze off as they were still on their way back to jaemin's quarter. the security around the palace was getting tight once they got out of the kitchen, donghyuck and mark almost got caught if it weren't for jeno spotting them. right now, the eagle was helping them get their way back to the bunny's quarter without getting caught. it would be hard but they were almost there, they just hope no one will get in their way.

let's go.❞ jeno signaled after seeing the last eagle to set off on an another section of the palace and quickly lead the way for mark and donghyuck.

the three of them walked silently out from where they were hiding and fastened their pace as they took this opportunity of easily passing by without any eagles to spot them. donghyuck shut his eyes tight as he held mark's hand, following the two from behind. he was getting all sleepy from all the crying but he tried to stay awake until they'd reach to jaemin's room. he shook his head and continued to run together with jeno and mark until they finally could see a familiar corner to turn and that would be jaemin's room the second door in the left.

huffing, donghyuck almost stumbled down but got quickly saved by the lion. he was then pulled with them and finally had reached to their destination without anyone spotting them.