⌜ forty four ⌟

with a pudu sitting peacefully on his lap, mark wasn't amused as he was being squished at the backseat together with the eagle who can't keep his wings to himself. ❝remind me why jeno has to sit here with us.

the meerkat, who got the privilege to sit next to jaemin who's driving, turned his head around and gave the lion a smile. ❝because he lost to me in rock, paper, scissors.

the pudu was busy staring outside the truck's window and had his eyes wide open in awe while doing so. donghyuck wasn't even paying attention to whatever they were talking about inside, he just found comfort in mark's lap and that's all that mattered for the moment. meanwhile, the lion wasn't happy sitting there. not because of the pudu, but because of the eagle beside him who's upset because he lost to a meerkat.

can't he just..❞ clicking his tongue, mark pushed the wing away as it was touching his face. ❝fly?

we, eagles, tend to get tired if we keep on flying.❞ jeno explained, thinking that mark would buy it.

giving the eagle a look, the lion went back looking at the meerkat who's as unimpressed as him. ❝he just doesn't want to be separated with jaemin, does he?

nodding his head, renjun got himself comfortable on his seat while finally staring in front. ❝that's it.

hearing their conversation made the bunny chuckle. jaemin was already getting a hang in driving and the lion was quite proud of it. now, the bunny can just say that the road is bumpy. ❝can't we just enjoy this? i mean, we can bond in this way.

sure,❞ the lion held back the urge to pluck out a feather from the eagle's wings that's spreading a little bit too wide that almost took the whole backseat. ❝bonding.

i also like this!❞ donghyuck said in glee, giving them a bright smile before going back to his job in appreciating the nature.

well, at least that made mark smile.

they easily got soft with donghyuck looking so happy. the bunny glanced behind for a short second just to check up on them, showing a smile at jeno who got flustered about it, before looking straight and seeing where they were already. a few minutes had passed of the lion and pudu being so sweet at the backseat and jeno looking like a thirdwheel, jaemin could then see a familiar field that made his insides all giddy.

but renjun noticed something else. ❝jaemin, you're sweating. should i wipe it for you?

jaemin didn't get to shake his head to reject the meerkat offer as the eagle at the backseat started to move, annoyance evident in the lion's face. ❝would you want me to fan you with my wings?