⌜ sixteen ⌟

❝one day the two of you will be betrothed, intended,❞ the father paused for a moment before giving his son a proud smile

one day the two of you will be betrothed, intended,❞ the father paused for a moment before giving his son a proud smile. ❝affianced.

mark had his brows furrowed as he listened to his father explain why he had suddenly hold a meeting together with the guest. it took him awhile to guess why this lioness right here had to be with them, and stay with them for long, and he was fully against it. not like he found something wrong with the lioness, eun ji didn't do him any harm to make him hate her. it's the idea that he found wrong. if he's going to be king then shouldn't he be the one finding his own queen? he can't just let anyone decide for him, not especially as to who he will love.

just then, he had turned his head towards jaehyun who sat there in silence. ❝jaehyun, do you speak lion?

the father groaned in annoyance seeing his son either not catching up or is purposely acting clueless just for himself not to get himself involved in this. new flash, he has to and he has no choice but to follow what he says. ❝you two are getting married and she will be queen.

letting out a scoff, mark earned a glare from his mother for acting rude towards the former king. ❝first of all, don't i have a say in this?

this is for your future and the kingdom's future.

you want me to be king, just when i don't want to. you can't expect me to marry someone i don't know just because you want me to.❞ mark spat back, getting tired of everyone using him. ❝you gave me the duty to lead the kingdom, i am doing it right now. why would i need a queen when i'm leading the kingdom well as king? what will the queen's role here, serve me tea?

mark—❞ the invited lioness tried to stop him. at least she tried to but only earned a look from the king which made shut up.

standing up from the chair, he pointed his index finger at his father and gave him those glaring eyes that warned him. ❝if grandfather was here, he could have banned you from the kingdom right now.

that's enough!❞ the mother slammed both her palms down the table that made mark shut his mouth up but still had his eyes on his father. ❝mark lee, you don't get to say that to your father.

is this really my father talking to me?❞ he then let out a mocked out a laugh. ❝i think this is the former king giving me orders.

mark scanned the room they were in, composing himself just before deciding to leave before he gets out of control. still mad at the situation, the king harshly placed his chair the back to its place as he turned around, bringing his feet out of the suffocating room. he had enough of them using him, he's the king now so it's his rules that should be followed. his answer was just a simple no, the kingdom would not be in grave danger if he doesn't get himself a queen, but his father just had to insist him into marrying her.