⌜ thirty eight ⌟

his fingers twitched indicating that he was slowly waking up, he had tongue licking his lips as it was dry, and he slowly pushed himself up from the soft fabric he has been laying down for what felt like hours

his fingers twitched indicating that he was slowly waking up, he had tongue licking his lips as it was dry, and he slowly pushed himself up from the soft fabric he has been laying down for what felt like hours. he was a little bit groggy from the sleep had but he managed to adjust his eyesight and scanned the place he was in.

only to know that he was inside his room back in the palace.

donghyuck❞ mark had his fists clenched the moment he saw the door opening.

the lion was greeted by no other than the lioness whom he calls as his mother. he was surprised that he can still hold himself back despite of the rage he is feeling right now. oh how much he wanted to forget that she is someone in his life and just wipe that smirk from her face.

glad you're awake, mark.❞ the mother said as she slowly approached her son and took a seat on the king's bed, not forgetting to create a distance between them.

where's donghyuck and what did you do to him?❞ the lion gritted his teeth as he glared at her, promising himself that he won't hesitate if he hears that his pudu is hurt.

she innocently tilted her head to the side with a clueless look on. ❝still thinking about the pudu even though you have the whole kingdom relying on you?

the lion's eyes widened with his brows furrowed once he had heard that coming from her. ❝what did you do?❞ judging from the tone of her voice, he could already guess that she has done something beyond his imagination. something he didn't expect for her to do.

i didn't do anything.❞ the mother said, proving herself innocent. ❝it's you who have done something wrong.

i did—

the lioness stood up with a frown on her face, having her arms crossed as she stared down at the lion who just woke up only to be greeted like this. ❝running away, leaving your responsibilities for the kingdom, just to be fulfill your desires with a pudu. how selfish can you get, mark?

that then made the lion sit there in a daze, thinking about what his mother just old him. is that what they think he was doing? running away just to be pleasured with the pudu? abandoning his responsibilities and duties as king in this kingdom? choosing the pudu over the kingdom he is throned to rule and that he was selfish with his decisions? did they all think that way of him?

he ran away but he made sure the kingdom is being watched over despite of him not being physically there, he still cared for the kingdom even though he didn't favor his position as king. he ran away because he wanted to clear his thoughts out and at the same time he wanted to protect the pudu that he loves. he ran away not because he was being selfish, he ran away because he couldn't handle the burden and he needed time for himself and to think things clearly. is that being selfish? he never thought of it that way.