⌜ eleven ⌟

mark, wake up.❞ jaehyun kept on shaking the sleeping lion's body, only earning a groan from him.

this is why jaehyun didn't want to have the task to waking this simba up. if it weren't for taeyong begging him to do so then he wouldn't even bother disturbing the lion's deep sleep.

five more minutes..

picking up a pillow jaehyun threw it on mark's head, the younger lion whining at the impact. ❝you said that an hour ago!

removing the pillow covering him, mark wrapped his arms around it and hugged it tight as he went to dreamland. ❝i'm tired from yesterday. i deserve rest.

jaehyun wasn't even to go against that since he also thinks that mark needs rest. he has been with the younger lion the whole day and he could see the tired eyes as he attended all classes that had been personalized for him and did all of the duties the former king gave him to do. now, jaehyun was told to wake mark up since he had to roam around the town and check for any problems. the former king was quite friendly and had a strong bond with the animals in the kingdom, he wanted mark to keep the bond.

but seems like jaehyun will be the one doing that for now.

you rest well, alright?❞ the older honestly felt bad that mark had to do this much. mark didn't even like this position of his yet he's trying hard to adjust. ❝we will be visiting your father later.

the lion was already in deep sleep, there's no way he heard what jaehyun just said. although, he could feel the warmth when jaehyun ran a hand through his hair and patting it after a few strokes. he hummed in satisfaction before adjusting his position and with jaehyun finally leaving him alone to sleep.

he may not act like it but jaehyun really does care for mark. he'd do anything for the younger lion. the only mistake he had done to him was not becoming the king everyone expects him to be. the main reason why he had to reject the offer is only kept between him and mark's father.

where's mark?

jaehyun was snapped out from his thoughts when he heard a voice. ❝sleeping.

taeyong let out a sigh, ❝when is that boy going to act like a king?

wrapping his arms around his lover's waist, placing a soft kiss on his forehead to calm him down. ❝you can't blame him, you know he doesn't want to have this position.

taeyong knows that very well but jaehyun didn't want to tell him why he didn't accept the offer. even taeyong knows how deserving jaehyun is for the spot. shrugging the thoughts off, he didn't want to put jaehyun on the edge and ask him once again. the last time he pressured jaehyun to tell him, it didn't end well. ❝who's going to check the town?