⌜ five ⌟

❝excuse me?❞

excuse me?

mark furrowed his brows as he watched the boy sprint towards the kitchen island in a split second before he could even see what animal came barging inside the kitchen while he was drinking his glass of water.

it didn't bother him anyways since those familiar looking dear like ears were sticking out of the kitchen island, making mark guess that it was pudu that was hiding.

but from who?

hey—❞ a familiar eagle came barging inside the kitchen, startling the soon to be king that's peacefully drinking the glass of water. instead of scanning his eyes inside the kitchen, he then widened it upon being guilty for scaring the lion. ❝i'm sorry your highness.

jeno.❞ mark groaned in annoyance as he notice that jeno won't be calling him by his name anytime soon. or at least after the coronation, that is held later.

the lion's eyes went to the animal that's hinding behind the kitchen counter that neither he and jeno could see. and about the dear-like-ear, he could see small hands putting them down and preventing it from popping out from the kitchen island.

mark didn't even know why he had the need to protect the pudu.

am i not going to have any privacy anymore?❞ mark raised both his brows, giving jeno a question.

the eagle eyed the kitchen one last time before taking a bow of apology. ❝excuse me your highness, sorry for barging in.❞ he said, wondering where donghyuck could have ran off too. before leaving, he made sure to ask the lion. ❝have you possibly seen a pudu?

mark leaned to the counter, hiding the expression of being proud of himself for guessing it right that the animal that is hiding behind the kitchen island is a pudu.

but why was the pudu hiding from jeno?

he is this tall,❞ jeno started to describe him using hand gestures. ❝has a golden tan skin, chubby cheeks, and looks like a baby.❞ even jeno couldn't deny how cute donghyuck is but if he does say it out loud then he might get himself killed in a meerkat's hand.

picturing it out, mark unconsciously smiled. shaking the thoughts away and going back to convincing jeno that he saw no one. ❝i was just drinking my water, jeno. i'm all alone here. all the pudus are outside arranging the dishes for the dinner later.

jeno mumbled a curse word, fortunately not heard by mark, before excusing himself with a wonder of where donghyuck vanished to. he could have sworn that he saw the pudu jump inside the kitchen. maybe his eyes were playing games at him. as for mark, he waited for jeno to go out and close the door. he drank his glass of water calmly as he sat down on the kitchen counter, enough to see the pudu's head.