⌜ fourteen ⌟

running his hand through his boyfriend's soft locks, they were sitting by a thick branch of the tree by the palace's backyard where jeno had helped renjun got up to

running his hand through his boyfriend's soft locks, they were sitting by a thick branch of the tree by the palace's backyard where jeno had helped renjun got up to. the eagle had his body laid down, scaring renjun as he might fall, with his head on the meerkat's lap. renjun was also worried for the eagle's wings as he was laying at a very hard surface but jeno would always reassure him that he was fine and it's not that comfortable. they were hanging out at the oldest tree inside the garden and they made sure to be hidden to where no one could see because of the leaves.

you've been having a lot of time for me.❞ renjun said, continuing to stroke jeno's hair. ❝that's unusual.

because the eagle was always busy following the king around but it's not that he's complaining about it. jeno closed his eyes as he adjusted his head down on the meerkat's lap. ❝are you not happy about it?

ever since the guest, that mark's mother had invited, arrived, jeno can't seem to be needed next to mark anymore.

shaking his head, renjun released a sigh. ❝it's not that.❞ he wanted to open up a topic that he had been wondering for quite a while but he was too scared to talk to jeno about it. ❝nevermind.

feeling that something was not right, jeno had opened his eyes and stared at renjun who looked troubled. ❝is there something bothering you?

renjun has been showing feelings of sadness these past few days whenever they would hang out, or have the time to be together, it's worrying jeno. it scared the eagle that renjun was this near to giving up on their relationship, he didn't want for that to ever happen. even though one way or another they'll have to go on their separate ways, jeno didn't want to leave renjun and he hoped that it's also how renjun felt towards him.

showing a smile, renjun cupped the eagle's face and squished his cheeks. he then laughed at how jeno looked. ❝you know, i went to your quarters.

jeno widened his eyes. ❝did any eagles see you? did they hurt you?❞ because he does admit, not all eagle are warm hearted like him. most of them are pretty much haughty and violent at times which is probably why they were assigned to be guards of the palace. ❝what were you doing there?

that smile on renjun's face almost disappeared if it weren't for him to remind himself that he shouldn't be too obvious to jeno. ❝i was looking for you and you were no where to be found so i thought, maybe you're resting at your quarters.❞ seeing the worried eyes of his boyfriend made renjun feel warm inside. ❝there were no eagles there at that time.

oh god.❞ jeno then let out the air he didn't know he was holding while waiting for renjun's answer. ❝don't go there next time without telling me, okay? better off, don't go there without me.