⌜ end ⌟

bernard chad the first is here to warn you all ⚠️

the end.

chenle closed the book he had been holding on for a while and gave his son a small smile. he was quite proud of himself finishing a long ass book just to put his son to sleep because his husband was too lazy to do it. meanwhile, the boy furrowed his brows as it wasn't the ending he had expected it to be.

crossing his arms, he didn't hide his disappointment. ❝that's a bummer, he didn't end up as king.❞ so much for having that title.

you know what jiro?❞ chenle stood up from the bed and stretched his arms, yawning in the process. the adult then placed the book down the desk inside his son's room and walked back to the disappointed boy just to ruffle his hair. ❝what's important is the ending.

it's not a happy ending because he didn't become king!❞ the boy wanted to argue, not agreeing with how the book ended just like that. ❝and plus, it ended with them fucking.

the papa gasped, covering his mouth at the vulgar word his son had just said. he wanted to scold the boy about it but someone specific came to his mind that might be the culprit as to how his son came to know such words. ❝excuse me, but i told you they were fishing.

there were so many going on inside that book he had just found at the attic that he had to filter the words and also some of the scenes. he actually thought that it was family friendly considering the book cover but chenle then came to learn his lesson not to judge a book by its cover.

who catches fishes at a river!?

crouching down in front of the boy that is seated on the bed, chenle pointed a finger at him and it was enough for jiro to gulp down knowing that he was done for. ❝do not raise your voice at me, young man.

still looking upset, jiro just stared at his papa with a look. he didn't want to get in trouble, neither did he want to talk back when his papa looked like that. he knew he'd get a full hour of nagging about how he should respect his elders and how he should learn how to use words at a correct situation and he didn't want that.

but papa,❞ jiro then came to know the adult's weakness, and that was his puppy eyes. ❝there are still pages left in the book.

this was also a technique used by his other father. he learned it from him.

that was enough for chenle to feel himself sweating. okay, maybe he lied about the book ending. there is still one chapter left but he didn't want to include it tonight for the storytelling after reading the first line of that page. ❝it's just the credits.