⌜ seven ⌟

disregarding any unnecessary clothing he had to wear for the ceremony, mark grabbed a pair of pajamas and wore it before plopping down the bed while heaving out a loud sigh.

i'm so tired.❞ he complained while covering his eyes with his arm, hoping for sleep to take over him before someone comes to force him to attend the dinner they have been preparing.

either he is tired or disappointed. a frown made it way to his lips upon remembering what had happen throughout the ceremony. he can't help but feel a lot of things. he could not list them down one but one but surely being happy is not one of them. at least he managed to show a smile despite of what he felt during that hour.

are we strangers?❞ he scoffed, kicking the pillow that was laying peacefully down by his feet. ❝shouldn't he feel honored that i introduced myself even though i couldn't get his name?

that pudu not batting an eye at him was what ruined his mood the entire ceremony. and even now, he couldn't take that off his head.

did he not see me at all?❞ he sat up from his bed with furrowed brows. ❝impossible! i was the center of attention, how can he not see me?

not even a smile, that pudu didn't even give him even a smile. mark even thought that they had something between them. don't get him wrong, he liked making friends and he actually thought that he and that pudu were friends despite of the little time they had interacted.

mArK, i bELiEvE thAt YoU cAn dO iT!❞ mark mocked the pudu's voice, having to adjust his voice into a high pitched one. he then groaned and threw another pillow out of frustration. ❝why does it even matter?

he let his body fall back down the bed and ruffled his hair. thousands of animals were present yet he had his eyes on one specific pudu who didn't even give him the attention he expected to receive.

he brought his hands up to his face and rubbed it aggressively, hoping to snap back to his senses. ❝i'm going crazy.

i can see that.

mark's body jolted up from the bed when he heard a voice entering his room, his widened eyes and surprised look then change when he saw that it was someone familiar. ❝it's you, jeno.

the smiling eagle nodded, ❝good evening, your highness.

it irritated mark more after hearing jeno calling him with honorifics. ❝jeno, how many times—

you're the king so—❞ jeno then paused after seeing that mark wasn't in the mood to handle his jokes. ❝damn, who buttered your watermelon mark?