⌜ thirty nine ⌟

the wedding took place outside the palace, outdoors, for everyone to be gathered and witness the wonderful moment of the king getting married and finally having a queen to be with his side as he rules the kingdom

it wasn't that extravagant as what mark expected for the royal wedding would be but then again, it's not like he was looking forward to it anyways. although, it was better than expected considering that the wedding ceremony was planned last minute and it was rushed. it was his own wedding yet he couldn't muster up even a smile. with his white suit on and many congratulating him as they waited for the ceremony to start, mark didn't speak a word and just gave them a nod.

he still had time to roam around and honestly, he was thinking of being a runaway groom he couldn't imagine running away without the pudu. he couldn't see him anywhere but he just hopes that he's safe and sound. he also didn't want the pudu to be present here and watch him get married.

he didn't want to see the pudu cry in despair as he'd watch the bride he doesn't love walk down the aisle.

he didn't want for his heart to break while he exchanges vows and promises with the bride he didn't want to live with for the rest of his life.

maybe it's better for donghyuck not to be present here for mark not to see how devastated he'd look when he gets married with a bride he is not meant to be.

you're making it obvious that you're not up for this.❞ mark, who stood there by the end of the aisle, raised his head up and couldn't deepen his from even more when he saw jaehyun together with taeyong.

should i make it more obvious?❞ the young lion joked, actually meaning half of what he said. ❝hyung, you look great.

taeyong forced out a smile as he received a compliment coming from the king himself. ❝you don't look bad yourself, mark.

simba, what about me?❞ jaehyun mocked a pout when he only had heard the lion compliment his lover but not him.

rolling his eyes, mark nudged the pouting lion playfully. ❝you still look like yourself, jaehyun.❞ he said, earning a pained look from the other.

jaehyun wanted to fake it like he was mad but then he remembered how unfortunate this occasion is for the young lion. that thought itself made jaehyun show an opposite to his smile and when mark had caught it with his eyes, the young lion couldn't help but also be reminded of what's going to happen to him today. taeyong felt the sorrow in the air as he watched the two but he didn't let it get the best of him. instead, he threw himself to the young lion and gave him a tight hug to comfort him.

everything is going to be fine.❞ taeyong told him as he gave the young lion a pat in the back. but before pulling away, he surprised mark with a pinch on the side. ❝i'm still mad that you didn't tell us anything about running away.