⌜ thirteen ⌟

all their jaws were dropped at the incident and all their eyes were at their direction. donghyuck had his own eyes widened when it wasn't just mark getting drenched but the glass was also shattered into pieces on the ground. all the curse words he had known to exist were already mention inside his head as he quickly crouched down after standing there in shock for a minute.

i'm sorry, i'm sorry..❞ the pudu chanted his apologies as he picked up the glass pieces on the ground. ❝i didn't mean to, i'm sorry.

taeyong stared with worried eyes as he was afraid that the pudu might hurt himself in doing so. both the king's parents had frowns on their faces as they had gave the pudu a disappointed look. the lioness guest sat there in silence with her lips pressed to a thin line, wondering why someone so clumsy was given a task. jaehyun then eyed mark and he could see the lion closing his eyes to prevent himself from snapping.

just when the pudu was about to get the last piece that was under the table, he retrieved his hand with a flinch upon seeing a red liquid visible on his finger. he hissed at the pain but bit his lower lip to stop himself from letting out a whine.

mark..❞ eun ji quickly stood up, getting the table napkin from her lap and placed it back down on her chair. ❝do you want me to get you a new pair of clothes? you're wet and—

the lion gave her a glare, as if it could kill. since when did he ever allow her to go to his room? ❝don't bother, i'll go on my own.

mark's attention then went to taeyong who was already bending down right next to the pudu who's clearly panicking and was guilty for what he had done. donghyuck disturbed the dinner, it wasn't supposed to happen. mark wasn't supposed to care and just leave there to change his clothes but he saw taeyong grabbing the pudu's hand and there he saw blood.

are you okay hyuck?❞ the lion who came to help the pudu carried the tray up to the table before taking his hand. ❝you're bleeding.

giving him a small smile, donghyuck shook his head and took his hand back. ❝it's nothing.

but..

it hurt as hell, even though it looked like a scratch. mustering the energy left in him to stand up, donghyuck took a bow and shut his eyes tight as he didn't want to see how disappointed they looked right now. ❝i apologize for my clumsy mistake, i'll be cleaning the mess up.

but before he could even touch the tray filled with shattered glass pieces, mark had took his other free and pulled him away from the table. shocked at the action, he turned his head around to look at the lion but the king could only shake his head at him.

jaehyun, call someone to clean the mess.❞ mark then diverted his eyes to the pudu who obviously is holding back the pain he is feeling from his finger. ❝you are coming with me.