⌜ two ⌟

❝i've been legal to walk around the castle, i know how things work here

i've been legal to walk around the castle, i know how things work here.❞ donghyuck mocked renjun's line as he continued walking to god knows where he is heading off to.

he was aware that he had lost renjun but he didn't care less. renjun agreed to sneak the night with him but now that meerkat is stopping him from doing so. donghyuck can't help but puff his cheeks at how renjun broke his promise.

please,❞ the pudu mumbled as he turned to his right and was greeted by a large wooden door leading to the kitchen, where he is limited to go to. ❝the eagles are probably asleep by now.

he had heard stories and has been warned by his mother, and also renjun, about eagles and how they are strict with guarding the kingdom. he had met once back then when he was young, an eagle came to the kitchen to get food and donghyuck honestly thought they were harmless. in fact, the eagle he saw looked like an angel and he guessed that the others looked like one too.

doghyuck didn't hesitate at all when he opened the wooden doors to the kitchen. it made a sound, a loud creaking one, but quickly went inside the kitchen before anyone sees him. he slowly closed the doors and and scanned the kitchen he has been at for all his life. one thing he could agree with renjun saying that the kingdom is creepy at night, the kitchen looked scary with the lights not turned on.

come on, it's still the same kitchen i grew up.❞ donghyuck reassured himself not to be scared as he went to find the switch which he suddenly forgot where it was. ❝i swore it was just right next to the door.

donghyuck squinted his eyes and tried to see if there was a switch at the other wooden door where leads to donghyuck's achievement for the night, the other side of the kingdom where he is not supposed to go to unless he had a role to do so.

he didn't know what the punishments were for passing there, which probably is the reason why he wasn't hesitating.

but before he could take another step, the wooden doors were opened all of the suddenly that made donghyuck stop his tracks. he had his eyes widened seeing the light from the other side get inside of the kitchen but soon disappeared when the doors were closed.

what caught donghyuck's attention more was the one getting inside the kitchen.

being royal sure is tiring.❞ a voice complained with a groan that fortunately snapped donghyuck from his thoughts and made the pudu hide before he was caught.

the lights were turned on and donghyuck first adjusted his eyesight before sitting down properly behind the kitchen island. his back was glued and eyes were still widened as his perked when he heard the voice now humming to a familiar tone.

he was curious as to who it was.

small peek, a glance, that's all donghyuck wanted to do just to satisfy himself. well, no one is stopping him. renjun is not there. no eagles have caught him yet.