⌜ twelve ⌟

i'm sorry i came here without your notice.❞ eun ji apologized as they continued to walk down the corridors with two guards following them from be

mark made an effort to not utter a words unless the situation calls for it. he may be dumb at some certain point but he wasn't stupid enough to guess what his mother is planning to do. he shook his head as he headed to the garden, actually fulfilling what his mother asked him to do which was giving the guest a tour around.

i know mom invited you over.❞ he simply said, not wanting for her to blame herself from being here.

her mouth grew wide once she had saw the palace's garden. it was beautiful, she could already imagine how magical it'll look during night. ❝is this your favorite garden your mother made mention of?

the king raised a brow at the information she got from his mother. ❝she told you about my favorite place?

she nodded her head while running towards the field filled with different kinds of flowers being organized at the side with the grasses being well grown. ❝she said that you would always go there whenever something is troubling you.❞ mark felt uncomfortable when his mother shared her something private. ❝she also mentioned that it was you who grew and took care of these plants.

this isn't the garden you are talking about.❞ mark said, wanting her to get the idea that he would never bring anyone, much more a stranger, inside his den.

he had his a garden of his own, his personal spot, made in a dome. it was a gift from his grandfather before he passed away. the two of them would always visit there, always appreciating how his grandfather always has time for him despite of being busy around the kingdom. they'd water the plants and trees together, find new and rare flowers to be of display there, and simply hang out on that peaceful place. it was also a place in memory of his grandfather.

sometimes, mark would think that it's only his grandfather that thought of him as a family member and not as someone who would take the throne one day.

the lioness stood there with her eyes widened. then this palace had two gardens. she then forced a smile before walking around to check out on the flowers. ❝i'm sorry for getting it wrong then.

he had already been hanging out with her for the whole morning, feeling his tummy grumble as he forgot to eat the breakfast that donghyuck made for him. ❝well, this is the last place i am showing you.

she spun her head around at mark who didn't show any emotion the moment they started to be together. she wanted to ask him and let him open up about his favorite garden but she didn't want to get on her bad side so she had to be patient. ❝are you hungry?

damn right he is. ❝i'll be in my room. i already showed you where the dining area is so i don't think you'll get lost.❞ he knew she'd stay here for quite a while so might as well show her everything, not really, around for her not to call him when she gets lost.